firewire for iMac 2009
I have a Seagate external HD 500GB that I want to use on my iMac 20" 2009. I've been using it as my Time Machine Backup on my MacBook and the Firewire port. The firewire port on the iMac seems to be a smaller connection. What firewire should I use?
- Asked by Kimberley R from Dracut
- Flag as inappropriate (firewire for iMac 2009)
1 Answer from the Community
I think you are looking at a Firewire 400 port, which is a bit skinnier than the Firewire 800 port (more square).
Either one will work very well for a HDD, however you may need to purchase a cord that will adapt Firewire 800 to Firewire 400 if necessary.
- Answered by Geoffery Dean J from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this adapter be used to transfer my files from a Late 2009 IMac to a brand new fusion IMac. I have a firewire 800 cable.
- Asked by Jose O from Coral Gables
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to transfer my files from a Late 2009 IMac to a brand new fusion IMac. I have a firewire 800 cable.)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
Looking to upgrade my iMac late 2009
- Asked by Lee B
- Flag as inappropriate (Looking to upgrade my iMac late 2009)
No answers yet