College Student- Macbook Air or Macbook Pro Retina?
I'm very confused about which one I should buy. I love the macbook air because it's portable and light. Plus the battery is a huge plus.
I like the retina because of the processing power and the screen quality.
I do a lot of lab reports, have to commute everyday, and watch a lot of movies on the laptop.
I'm afraid if I buy the macbook air
MAIN concern: it'll be too slow for me since it's only 1.7 GHZ
Do you guys think it's enough for me or should I just wait until the new retina macbook comes out?
- Asked by Ankush K from Hicksville
- Flag as inappropriate (College Student- Macbook Air or Macbook Pro Retina?)
1 Answer from the Community
To address your main concern, by no means is MacBook Air a slow machine. Just because it is 1.7 GHz doesn't mean it runs slow. Intel's 4th generation Core processors (Haswell) on MacBook Air get more work done per cycle. These chips also have turboboost, which speeds up your processor up to 3.2 GHz if your system needs it. MacBook Air is a terrific computer for what you described, but you also mention MacBook Pro with retina display.
Both computers will suit your needs, however MacBook Air is a more portable option.
- Answered by David W from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Which Macbook Pro Retina For College
- Asked by Brian C from Phoenix
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Macbook Pro Retina For College)
No answers yet
Which is better for a college student: a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Meaghan W from Griffin
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is better for a college student: a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro?)