Can a MacBook Pro with Retina Display be used as a monitor for a games console, such as an Xbox360, via the HDMI port?
1 Answer from the Community
Not with the HDMI port. The HDMI port on nearly all laptops is an output only and cannot accept input. You can connect a game console through a USB video capture device. Look for a "VHS to DVD kit", and make sure it is Mac compatible. Many of these devices are Windows/Linux only.
- Answered by Alexander J from Winston-salem
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect a DVI cable to my Macbook Pro Retina Display?
- Asked by Jarett E from Clarksville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a DVI cable to my Macbook Pro Retina Display?)
How can I play games that require a DVD drive on the new MacBook Pro with retina display?
- Asked by Jocelyn P from South Plainfield
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I play games that require a DVD drive on the new MacBook Pro with retina display?)