Why do I need a SIM card to activate the 5c? Can't I just use wifi till I get one?
I've had an iphone 5c for my bday and turned it on and it's asking for a sim to be present for me to set it up, I don't have one yet so can't I just use wifi?
- Asked by Scott T
- Flag as inappropriate (Why do I need a SIM card to activate the 5c? Can't I just use wifi till I get one?)
1 Answer from the Community
Apparently it needs a SIM card to finish booting. It does not have to be the correct card, but it won't proceed with Setup unless there is a SIM card installed. It uses the card to set up things like location services. So far as I know (and per my experience just now), there's apparently no way around it without a SIM card installed.
- Answered by George W from Temple
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does the nano sim card come with the iphone 5c?
- Asked by Anita K from Leighton Buzzard
- Flag as inappropriate (does the nano sim card come with the iphone 5c?)
No answers yet