what is a mobil hotspot?
- Asked by James T from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (what is a mobil hotspot?)
2 Answers from the Community
A mobile hotspot is basically a portable device that you can connect to for Internet access. For example, you have an iPhone. You can turn on mobile hotspot and you have an iPad. You can connect the iPad to the iPhone wirelessly and your iPad will have Internet access. Beware though, there is usually a data limit and this eats up data if you don't pay attention.
- Answered by C A from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
A mobile hotspot basically turns your phone or tablet( if it has cellular service) into a modem- router. This allows you to connect other devices to the device that you have the hotspot on. When you connect a device to the hotspot the device will use the device with the hotspot signal to allow the device you connect to have internet via wi-fi.
in other words it gives other devices internet signal.
Notice: Carriers usually imply a monthly fee with this service.
- Answered by Peyton C from Inman
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have 3 phones with AT&T. Will cancel one, upgrade another to 5s & switch both to Verizon for their mobile hotspot. Does 2nd phone require upgrading?
- Asked by Alvin J from Inglewood
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 3 phones with AT&T. Will cancel one, upgrade another to 5s & switch both to Verizon for their mobile hotspot. Does 2nd phone require upgrading?)
what is a hotspot, & how does it work?
- Asked by Johnathan P from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (what is a hotspot, & how does it work?)