Is it possible to use an existing 3gs sim card with the new 5s?
2 Answers from the Community
I got fed up waiting for someone to answer this for me.
In fact the quickest way for me - was to phone Apple and ask the question. The answer is very simple indeed. You cannot use the larger sim card (from an iPhone 3GS) in the new iPhone 5S. The new 5S uses what they call a Nano card. You can however still use the same contract with your carrier (say Orange, Vodafone etc), by calling them and asking them to send you a replacement. They will also send you information on what you need to do.
- Answered by Henryk M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The iPhone 3GS uses standard SIM cards, where the iPhone 5s uses nano SIM card technology.
- Answered by Kyle J from Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use my existing nano sim card on the new iphone 6?
- Asked by Derek W from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my existing nano sim card on the new iphone 6?)
Can I move my Virgin Mobile SIM card from my iPhone 5 into a new iPhone 6?
- Asked by John H from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I move my Virgin Mobile SIM card from my iPhone 5 into a new iPhone 6?)