Would an iPad Mini work well as a cell phone as well as having standard other features.
I currently use Blackberry (for phone, text, browser, emails etc). I don't make or receive a lot of phone calls, but I don't want to carry both an iPad mini and a cell phone. Is there a Canadian carrier which offers reasonable rates for this combo and is the iPad mini suitable for this.
- Asked by Nora O from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate (Would an iPad Mini work well as a cell phone as well as having standard other features.)
1 Answer from the Community
The iPad mini cannot be used as a cell phone, although VOIP using WIFI connections is possible. This applies to both the WIFI as well as cellular versions. The cellular version of the iPad (mini or otherwise) is currently used only for mobile data plans, to connect to the internet using mobile data.
VOIP software like Skype or Google Talk, etc., can be used for voice calls whenever there is WIFI connection, or if the cellular version gets connected to the internet using cellular or mobile data connections in the absence of WIFI.
- Answered by Leonard W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does cellular data on an iPad Mini mean it has a phone?
- Asked by Lachlan S from Cairns
- Flag as inappropriate (does cellular data on an iPad Mini mean it has a phone?)
will IPad mini fit well (it is also in a protective case)
- Asked by Pat J M from Osage Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (will IPad mini fit well (it is also in a protective case))
- Asked about: Brenthaven 15" Collins Sleeve Plus
If ipad does not have cell phone capabilities, and it has wi-fi capabilities, why would I need a cell phone provider with it?
- Asked by Ken D from Merrimack
- Flag as inappropriate (If ipad does not have cell phone capabilities, and it has wi-fi capabilities, why would I need a cell phone provider with it?)