should i get my teenager an iPad or laptop entering college
- Asked by Annie B
- Flag as inappropriate (should i get my teenager an iPad or laptop entering college)
1 Answer from the Community
Hello. Definitely a laptop. The iPad lacks a keyboard. Although you can buy one that works with bluetooth (such as a ZAGG folio), it is not as sturdy as the built-in keyboards on a laptop. Although I like my iPad's features, I use my desktop computer for the heavy stuff - things that need to be typed, plus Quicken and Turbo Tax, written papers, spreadsheets, etc. The laptop also has internet, Skype, games, and all the other functions a teenager (or anyone) would like to do - except take photographs. For that, use a camera. :)
Hope that helps.
- Answered by Judy R from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what ipad should a college student get? to us the university book?
- Asked by Ben S from Liberty
- Flag as inappropriate (what ipad should a college student get? to us the university book?)