Can I make a phone call from i pad mini wi-fi+cellular and I pad2 wi-fi+3g?
- Asked by Yati Y from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I make a phone call from i pad mini wi-fi+cellular and I pad2 wi-fi+3g?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. Under Social Networking category in app store, there are several calling apps that employ voip to push voice out over your data plan very efficiently and with pretty good quality. I prefer Talkatone. I have replaced my phone altogether (and saved a small fortune on charges) since downloading this. I have used this for about a year, and have no complaints. Calling quality at least equals what i got with mist cellular phones i have owned. It may help that i upgraded the app to its Premium version, which is an annual, Yes ANNUAL charge of 20 dollars. To use this app, you will need to get a free Google Voice number, which gives you a regular phone number, complete with a local area code. This app also does SMS texting and voicemail very well.
- Answered by Gary E from Mechanicsburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What's the difference between 3g and cellular for the iPad?
- Asked by Jacob E from Ludlow
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the difference between 3g and cellular for the iPad?)