Will it work efficiently with Explornet Satellite Internet
I have Explornet Satellite Internet and Bell ExpressVu satellite TV.
Will Apple TV work efficiently with both of those.
- Asked by Barbara B from Mont Tremblant
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work efficiently with Explornet Satellite Internet)
2 Answers from the Community
A general and not totally technical correct answer: HD streaming video needs to be steady and consistant, down to a 1/100 or even 1/1,000 of a second. Satellite internet tends to come in bursts, so the average over a second's time might be 10Mbps, but it could be fast-slow-pause-fast-fast-pause-slow during that one second. Hence "latency", the pauses.
Typically more likely to occur from satellite then land-line type services. And not so obvious with other internet content like web pages or audio, or low resolution video. Doesn't mean its impossible to get good streaming from satellite, but more likely to be unsatisfactory (video stutter, breakup).
- Answered by Michael S from Chula Vista
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have Explornet/Bell satellite as well. Apple TV does not work for me. When I phoned Explornet, they acknowledged that it likely will not work due to latency issues (I have no idea what that means). I have a stated (although it’s never been this fast) internet download of 10mb.
Have you ever figured this out?
- Answered by Jeff M from Newmarket
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have satellite hook up for provider. Will this work?
- Asked by Peter G from Bowie
- Flag as inappropriate (I have satellite hook up for provider. Will this work?)
Can I get ESPN without a subscription to cable or satellite?
- Asked by D. Wayne S from Cottonwood Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I get ESPN without a subscription to cable or satellite?)