will Apple TV operate independently without any computers
I currently have no Computer at home, but I do at work with my I-tunes account. Both my wife and I have I-pads. would we be able to rent movies on the I-pad and watch them on the TV with no home computer?
- Asked by Jeff V from Lynden
- Flag as inappropriate (will Apple TV operate independently without any computers)
2 Answers from the Community
As long as you have an HDMI TV and Internet access, you don't need a computer. You can stream the movies from your iTunes account using your iPad. You would need either wired or wireless Internet though.
- Answered by Linda R from Hampton Cove
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You don't need a computer to rent movies on the Apple TV. Just click the Movies icon on the main screen, choose the movie you'd like to rent, and sit back and relax.
You could theoretically rent the movie on your iPad and mirror it to the Apple TV, but that's a pretty dumb thing to do. It's better to rent directly from the Apple TV so that you can use the iPad to check your email, etc.
Since you have an iPad, I would suggest downloading the free Remote app. You can then use the iPad instead of the supplied remote to navigate the Apple TV menus, and the huge bonus is that the Remote app displays a keyboard on the iPad whenever you search for a particular movie or keyword.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you view whats on your iPad on your television without Apple TV?
- Asked by Ralph D from Harbor City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you view whats on your iPad on your television without Apple TV?)
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)