When I buy the new AppleTV can I just sync it with iTunes and get everything from my old AppleTV?
My 1st generation AppleTV will no longer power on after a lightning strike. If I buy the new black one, can I just sync it with iTunes and get everything I had on my old AppleTV?
- Asked by Yvette P from Sebring
- Flag as inappropriate (When I buy the new AppleTV can I just sync it with iTunes and get everything from my old AppleTV?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes and no; they're very different products.
Your first gen Apple TV includes a storage medium to save stuff directly to the device.
Since then, Apple TV has not included local storage. That means there is no syncing. But fortunately that shouldn't be an issue, since you can use AirPlay to send the programming from your Apple device(s) or from Windows directly to Apple TV wirelessly.
So yes, you can see everything from your old Apple TV on the new one. But no, you don't sync. You may have to first download the programming to your computer (or to an iOS device) if it isn't already there, but that's it.
- Answered by Glenn C from Sunnyvale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does appletv support Max GO?
- Asked by John E from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (Does appletv support Max GO?)