Is there any way to AirPlay from my iPhone 4s or iPad 3 to the new Apple TV without a wifi network? Like for presentations.
It seems like it should be easy enough to create an ad hoc network (sans internet) with any one of these devices and have a very portable presentation system, but I can't figure a way of doing it short of turning up Personal Hotspot service on my iPhone and paying for the mobile broadband fees. Or carrying a router with me.
- Asked by Shannon S from Wake Forest
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any way to AirPlay from my iPhone 4s or iPad 3 to the new Apple TV without a wifi network? Like for presentations.)
1 Answer from the Community
As far as I understand, AirPlay needs a Wi-Fi network but not an internet connection. So if you turn off data connections when you turn on your personal hotspot, you shall not encounter any mobile broadband fees.
- Answered by Berat Ş
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television
- Asked by Sherri S from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television)
can I display ppt presentations through apple tv
- Asked by David W from Boise
- Flag as inappropriate (can I display ppt presentations through apple tv)