Is the current Apple TV a 3rd generation Rev A which had some components changes??
I googled and it says "On January 28, 2013, Apple released a third generation "Rev A" which included component changes" Is that true?? I am thinking to grab a Apple TV but afraid Apple TV gen 4 will be coming soon..Any advice all??
- Asked by Yvel L
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the current Apple TV a 3rd generation Rev A which had some components changes??)
1 Answer from the Community
If you follow that philosophy, you'll never end up with anything.
The last major release of Apple TV was in March 2012. I was hoping for an update with the recent rash of announcements, so I went without for a few months when I could really have used it. It's SO much more engaging watching course videos -- like from couresra.org -- on the big screen rather than on the computer.
Without Apple TV, I was constantly having to set my laptop on the floor, plug an HDMI cable (which I left laying there) into the Mac, switch the TV to the alternate HDMI port, watch the video, then reverse the process to unhook. Now it's a piece of cake.
Even if a new one comes out tomorrow, I will not regret my purchase from just a few weeks ago. I find Apple TV to be extremely useful with iOS devices as well as with the Mac.
- Answered by Glenn C from Sunnyvale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What's the difference in Apple TV and Apple TV 3rd generation?
- Asked by Rana B from Pryor
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the difference in Apple TV and Apple TV 3rd generation?)
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)