If we buy a apple tv will this make my phone bill increase by watching movies
- Asked by Steven H from Nederland
- Flag as inappropriate (If we buy a apple tv will this make my phone bill increase by watching movies)
2 Answers from the Community
It depends on how you get your Internet service at home. If you are being charged by the bandwidth you use (that is, the amount of stuff that you download through the network), then yes, watching movies will increase your bandwidth and so it will increase your bill. But most home network subscriptions are not billed this way. You should check with your Internet service provider to get a definitive answer to this question.
- Answered by David R from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You will be using more data. You need to check what the contract for your broadband service says. If your broadband service says for example "10 GB of data per month, then $5 per GB" (which would be quite expensive) then your bill will go up after you reach the 10 GB limit and could go up a lot. If your broadband service says "unlimited data", then it stays unchanged. Your mobile phone bill wouldn't be affected unless you have an unusual setup where you use your mobile phone to provide internet access in your home.
You can also play movies that are on your Mac that you didn't buy from iTunes; that wouldn't affect your broadband data at all.
- Answered by Christian B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I watch movies rented through iTunes on multiple Apple TV's?
- Asked by Chad K from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch movies rented through iTunes on multiple Apple TV's?)
Can I watch HBO Go on Apple TV in Canada via internet? I do not have cable TV nor do I want it tho I do have an iPhone and iMac
- Asked by Dolores A G from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch HBO Go on Apple TV in Canada via internet? I do not have cable TV nor do I want it tho I do have an iPhone and iMac)