How many purchased tv/film & music hours can the apple tv hold in it's wee tv box?
How many hours of tv/film does the apple tv hold before it reaches it's capacity?
- Asked by James M
- Flag as inappropriate (How many purchased tv/film & music hours can the apple tv hold in it's wee tv box?)
3 Answers from the Community
Apple TV has no hard drive or memory for storage, so it's capacity is 0. You can store video on your computer, iPad or iPhone and stream it to Apple TV and the connected TV.
- Answered by Robert F from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
From what I understand, the first generation apple tv had a hard drive with limited capacity depending on the model purchased. However, all subsequent models don't have internal capacity. They simply stream your media from your iOS device. In other words, it will play anything already stored or streaming from a qualifying iOS device (iPhone 4s or newer or iPad 2 or newer).
- Answered by Linda R from Hampton Cove
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You're thinking of the first generation Apple TV, which had its own storage for shows.
Succeeding generations use a different model: it now has no permanent storage of its own; all content is received via WiFi.
That means any limits on capacity are not due to Apple TV but to whatever device you're using to store shows (computer, iPhone, etc.). And if you're streaming content straight from the Internet (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) then effectively there's no limit.
- Answered by Glenn C from Sunnyvale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)
Can I use a USA purchased apple TV with a television from and in the UAE
- Asked by Erin K from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a USA purchased apple TV with a television from and in the UAE)