Does Apple TV support closed captioning?
As a deaf viewer, closed captioning is mandatory for enabling a viable viewing experience. I recently purchased a Roku2 device, but found the subtitles in Netflix very difficult to read (yellow text without a proper contrast background). I want to understand if that's an issue with Apple TV as well.
- Asked by Kent M from Syracuse
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV support closed captioning?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, closed captioning is supported. I found this answer on the Apple Support site (via Google search): To enable Closed Captioning for all video content (when available) select Settings > Audio & Video, and then select Closed Captioning.
- Answered by Leon Z from Northbrook
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the Netflix app on Apple TV offer closed captioning? (My iPad app does, but not the one on my Blue Ray player.)
- Asked by Robert G from Palm Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Netflix app on Apple TV offer closed captioning? (My iPad app does, but not the one on my Blue Ray player.))