Does apple tv eliminate the need for a local cable provider, or will i need to keep my cable service to see my local channels?
Apple tv and the local cable networks, does one eliminate the need for the other?
- Asked by Melissa S from Bay City
- Flag as inappropriate (Does apple tv eliminate the need for a local cable provider, or will i need to keep my cable service to see my local channels?)
3 Answers from the Community
You will need cable to see local, real time TV channels. Apple TV is not a tv channel service. Ywith Apple TV you can stream some TV shows through a subscription based service like Huluplus. Or TV shows you purchase on iTunes, etc. but not any live channels or local content like your local news.
- Answered by Linda R from Hampton Cove
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, Apple TV does not replace your local cable service; it simply adds additional Internet-based services and adds the ability to view your iTunes content on your HDTV. To watch your local channels, you'll need to keep your cable service.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If you live close enough to the city, you can get a high def antenna to get local channels and get rid of cable. That is what I did.
- Answered by Philip G from Cherry Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3