Do you need internet for the Apple TV to work?
- Asked by Jackie M from Dayton
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need internet for the Apple TV to work?)
2 Answers from the Community
To fully utilize the Apple TV you will need access to the Internet. Without internet access you will only have local network functionality such as AirPlay and network streaming from iTunes.
- Answered by Jared A from Colleyville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You do not need an internet connection, but you will need some kind of home network to get the media from your Mac to the Apple TV. The home network can be WiFi or Ethernet. You will not be able to stream movies from the iTunes Store or use any of the other Apple TV apps that need access to the internet for content, but you will be able to listen to your music and watch your movies and photos, as long as those things are already in your computer’s iTunes library. AirPlay will also work fine as long as all the devices involved are on the same home network.
In other words, anything that you already have in your home will be accessible from the Apple TV, but anything that normally downloads from the internet would be off-limits.
- Answered by Phillip B from Ocala
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I live in rural south western Ontario Ca will apple tv work for me?
- Asked by Glenna B from Shelburne
- Flag as inappropriate (I live in rural south western Ontario Ca will apple tv work for me?)