Do the Lifetime and PBS channels on AppleTV require that I have a cable (or other) subscription too?
In an answer to another post, someone said you have to "subscribe to a local PBS station" to get PBS. What does that mean? Donate money to the station? Or have a cable subscription that includes that station?
If I can get Lifetime and PBS for free on AppleTV it's worth the AppleTV cost, because currently I spend money buying episodes of quite a few shows from those channels on ITunes. If I still need a cable subscription to access the content, then what's the point? I have cut my cable connection because I hate the direction Comcast has taken their company and I refuse to pay them another dollar. I'd rather subscribe to different services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and ITunes and just buy the shows I like piecemeal.
- Asked by Valerie F A from Edmonds
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the Lifetime and PBS channels on AppleTV require that I have a cable (or other) subscription too?)
2 Answers from the Community
Lifetime: Yes & No (see below)
With Lifetime, A&E and History you can watch older content without needing a subscription... All recent episodes have a little lock next to them, these are the ones that require a subscription.
- Answered by Daniel D from Cornwall
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can use both
- Answered by Naini L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is Lynda.com set up for subscription on apple tv channels?
- Asked by Audrey Q from Stockton
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Lynda.com set up for subscription on apple tv channels?)