Can I use cellular connection for apple tv instead of wireless
I don't have wireless at home, I have a huge cellular data package that I use as a hotspot for my laptop. Can I use that for Apple TV?
- Asked by Heather M from Conroe
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use cellular connection for apple tv instead of wireless)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, you certainly can; when in "hot spot" mode, your phone functions as a W-Fi router. However, depending on your wireless provider's coverage and congestion in the cellular network, you may be disappointed with the data rate. To stream an HD movie requires a consistent 3-4 Mbps. Test your connection using one of the many free "speed test" sites so that you're not disappointed.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)
can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?
- Asked by Fran O from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?)