can I turn on apple tv without remote
- Asked by Linda A from Turlock
- Flag as inappropriate (can I turn on apple tv without remote)
4 Answers from the Community
You need the infrared remote to turn on the Apple TV.
If you have previously (when you had the infrared remote) set up Home Sharing on the Apple TV, you can download the free Remote app, set it up for home sharing, and it will find the Apple TV and turn it on (that's the "Wake on LAN" feature of 802.11 in action).
But if you haven't set up Home Sharing, you're out of luck and need to go to the Apple store and buy the (rather inexpensive) infrared remote.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you're only wanting to switch it on for Airplay then you can disconnect and reconnect the power cable and it should automatically switch on. Theres obviously no way to control anything else though.
- Answered by Samantha F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Download the remote app on you iPhone and turn on home sharing on the phone. Unplug your Apple TV then plug it back in. When it boots back up, if it says you are not connected to the network...then find an Ethernet cable and connect it from your router to your Apple TV. Unplug Apple TV and plug it back in, when it reboots this time it should work. Then launch the remote app on your iPhone and you should be good to go.
- Answered by Daniel L from Boston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
You can use a Bluetooth keyboard as a remote.
- Answered by Andre H from Kanata
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can you view whats on your iPad on your television without Apple TV?
- Asked by Ralph D from Harbor City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you view whats on your iPad on your television without Apple TV?)
I lost my apple tv remote and i didn't have the home sharing turned on so its not letting me use my iphone or ipad. if i buy a new remote can i use it