Can I screen share a OS 10.6.8 mac pro with Apple TV?
- Asked by David B from West Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I screen share a OS 10.6.8 mac pro with Apple TV?)
1 Answer from the Community
You can potentially mirror your MacBook screen to Apple TV, but not with Screen Sharing, and not with Snow Leopard. Mavericks is available now, and it's FREE, so what are you waiting for? BTW, don't worry about how old your MacBook is; Mavericks runs just as fast on my 2008 MacBook as Snow Leopard did.
You do need an early-2011 MacBook Pro to use AirPlay mirroring to Apple TV. From the Apple website, "AirPlay Mirroring is available with iPhone 4s or later; iPad 2 or later; iPad mini; iPod touch (5th generation); and iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer), and Mac Pro (Late 2013) with OS X Mountain Lion or later."
Even if you have an older MacBook, you can still use AirPlay to send QuickTime movies to Apple TV, using the AirPlay menu in the QuickTime Player's controller. Only the video is streamed to Apple TV, not the entire MacBook screen.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What OS does my computer need to run in order to share files to apple TV?
- Asked by Scott S from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (What OS does my computer need to run in order to share files to apple TV?)
- Asked about: Mac
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)