Can an Apple TV be used outside under a covered patio?
I have a cabana and want to use an Apple TV in the cabana to stream music and movies. This is under a covered roof away from moisture, but would be exposed to dust.
- Asked by Ken M from Mckinney
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an Apple TV be used outside under a covered patio?)
1 Answer from the Community
There shouldn't be any problem with the outdoor setup. The Apple TV is remarkably robust, and has no fan or ventilation slots whatsoever. I would recommend putting some black electrician's tape (matches the Apple TV's color and finish very well) over the unused Ethernet and optical audio ports, as that's the only entry point for dust and moisture that I could find.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)
can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?
- Asked by Fran O from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?)