Combining three capsules and four different pattern settings, the Yeti is the ultimate tool for creating amazing recordings, directly to your computer. It can capture anything with a clarity and ease unheard of in a USB microphone.
Blue's innovative triple-capsule array lets you record in stereo or your choice of three unique patterns, including cardioid, omni-directional and bi-directional - recording capabilities that usually require multiple microphones. All it takes is a twist of the pattern selector knob.
The high-quality analogue-to-digital convertor sends incredible audio fidelity directly into your computer. You also get a built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring and simple controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute and microphone gain, located directly on the microphone.
Remarkable ease of use
There are no drivers to install; simply plug the Yeti into your Mac or PC, load up your favourite recording software and record something amazing.
- Three precision, 14-mm, tuned condenser capsules
- Proprietary tri-capsule array
- Mic gain control
- Four polar pattern selectors: Stereo, cardioid, Omni, bi-directional
- Mute button and master volume control
- Zero-latency headphone output with amplifier and volume control
- USB mini-jack
- Standard, threaded mic-stand mount
- Customised base with cable management
Did you notice?Thanks to the triple-capsule array, you can easily select from one of four recording pattern settings - giving you the capabilities of multiple mics in one.
Apple Recommends ForCreating superb recordings on your Mac simply by plugging the mic into a free USB port and firing up GarageBand or any other favourite recording software.
What's in the Box?
- Blue Yeti USB microphone
- USB cable
- Frequency Response : 20Hz - 20kHz
- Power : 5V 150mA
- Height : 11.61 in./29.5 cm
- Width : 4.92 in./12.5 cm
- Depth : 4.72 in./12.0 cm
- Weight : Microphone: 1.2 lb./0.55 kg; stand: 2.2 lb./1 kg
- Mac OS X v.10.4.11 or later
- 64 MB RAM
- USB 1.1 or 2.0 port
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- UPC or EAN No. : 836213001950
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Warranty : One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Does not work with iPhone or iPad
I had purchased this product based on the reviews that is it a great solution for iPhone and iPad recording using the camera adapt or. However it is no longer possible to use it for this as apple have restricted the power output of their devices with the upgrade to IOS 5, so this is completely useless unless used on a Mac laptop or desktop. Having said this if you want this for laptop and desktop use then the quality is fantastic. …
- Written by Huw B from Redruth
8 of 12 people found this useful
its simply brilliant and easy to use
- Written by chetan G from sandhurst
27 of 34 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
It does with an adapter...
- Answered by David N from San Diego
I'm going to use the Yeti to record voiceovers for auditions for commercials which software should i use?
- Asked by Charles S from Ithaca
Garage Band is fine for this kind of thing - a few tips...
By default, when you first plug in the y eti, its not selected - just confirm you're not recording off your built in laptop mic!
Also when you add a vocal track in Garage Band, you'll note that you can choose male or female- both come with some processing - just be aware of that - you may want to play with things like dynamic range, eq etc..
Finally, with any Mic like this - most Pros will advise you to speak Across the mic instead of directly in it - this will avoid a number of audio problems such as over pronounced "P" and "B" sounds. …
- Answered by Jack F from Lisle
i have noticed one review that said the mike stopped working with an os upgrade. anybody used this with ios5 or macs running lion?
- Asked by Leanne C from Toronto
This works perfect on my Macs all running 10.7.2, and my iPad 2 running 5.0.1
- Answered by Rusty C from Mcloud
- Asked by Pamela T from Clovis
Yes, it can be disconnected, but no shock mount is available to my knowledge.
On the other hand, it can be connected to a regular mic stand. …
- Answered by Brian N from Canoga Park
- Asked by Barry B from Grand Forks
The housing is metal, only the buttons are plasic.
- Answered by Timo S