The iHM79 Mini Speakers deliver a surprisingly big sound and are perfect for use with your computer, iPod, iPhone, portable game system or audio device. A simple twist expands the collapsible speakers, which then connect easily to any audio device with the included cable. To charge the speakers, simply connect to a powered USB port with the USB cable.
iHome on the range
These speakers fit in your pocket when collapsed, and stay together for travel via a magnetic base. They're perfect for home, office, dorm or when travelling. The long-lasting lithium-ion batteries provide plenty of power, while the unique vacuum bass design gives you surprising volume and bass response.
A few more details
Rubberised paint gives the iHM79 an amazing look and soft feel. When charging the speakers, an LED indicator shows charging status and changes when they're charged.
- Collapsible mini speakers go anywhere
- Built-in lithium-ion batteries can be charged via USB using the included cable
- Unique design provides sound that's beyond size
- Magnetic base keeps speakers together during travel
- Dual audio/USB cable for connecting to audio device and USB power source
- ON/Off switch
- LED power/charge indicator
Did you notice?The carry bag helps keep your speakers safe and scuff-free.
Apple Recommends ForAll Mac, iPod or iPhone users who want big sound at home, in the office, the dorm or when travelling—anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- iHM79 Mini Speakers
- Carry bag
- Cable with dual USB/audio plugs (Connects to audio device and/or charges via USB power source)
- Connections : Headphone port
- Height : 1.42 in./36 mm
- Width : 2.09 in./53 mm
- Depth : 2.09 in./53 mm
- Weight : 1.92 oz./54.43 g
- UPC or EAN No. : 047532893267
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Warranty : 90 day limited
iPad (1st generation)
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod shuffle 1st Generation
iPod shuffle 2nd Generation
iPod shuffle 3rd Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
These speakers are worth more than £50!
Okay so I got these out the box and was hoping for enough sound to allow me to watch movies on my new Samsung display I bought to hook up to my new MacBook.
I was so shocked when I turned these on, not only do they look great, come with a carry case and charge so they dont drain power when using them as portables - the sound room filling yet ambient at lower volumes and look is eye popping.
When they were turned up I had to put my ear to the MacBook speakers to see if the sound was coming out of them as well because the iHome speakers were powerful.
I can honestly say that proportionally these are just as good as my bose SoundDock and that's saying something because I LOVE my SounDock! …
- Written by Tom L from STAINES
200 of 215 people found this useful
Just bought these speakers, and love em. They take about an hour to charge and the sound quality is brilliant. I would recommend t hese to any one. …
- Written by Raymond C from WEYMOUTH
193 of 210 people found this useful
What a sound from such a small set of speakers! Fantastic!
- Written by Joshua M from Northampton
133 of 145 people found this useful
One of the speakers broke after 1 month.
So not happy with tat.
- Written by Silje-Kristin J from St. Andrews
21 of 26 people found this useful
Good quality speakers
small yet very good quality output.
I love my speakers, and appreciate the fact that it lasts for days before I recharge.
- Written by OLAYEMI A from IBADAN
27 of 30 people found this useful
i bought these ihome portable speakers and they are fantastic the sound is great and i recommend these are a must buy
- Written by Tommy W from London
23 of 25 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Constance N from Denver
The new iPod nano, with larger screen has an industry-standard 3.5mm headphone jack. From the speaker page, I found this:
"Dual audio/USB cable for connecting to audio device and USB power source"
...which indicates they have a mutant cable included which has both a USB AND a 3.5mm headphone lead - USB strictly for charging them. …
- Answered by Justin B from Peterborough
- Asked by Jo Ann E from Bolingbrook
1/8" mini jack to RCA should work. You can't charge at the same time though.
- Answered by Jeffrey R from Cookeville
- Asked by Nelson G from Chicago
The cord is 30" long.
- Answered by Allan M from Elyria
- Asked by Gisele D from Boulder