The Bose® Companion® 3 Series II speaker system delivers top-of-the-line stereo performance from all your computer entertainment. Enjoy striking clarity and depth from your iPod, or Mac to bring music, movies and games to life.
Superb sound reproduction
Two stereo speakers with matching stands to take up less of your desktop space deliver crisp highs, while the compact Acoustimass module handles lower notes from under your desk.
Control pod for easy access
Plus, the all-in-one control pod keeps volume control, one-touch mute, headphone jack and aux input within easy reach. Give your audio the pro-quality treatment it deserves.
- TrueSpace stereo technology
- Elegant speakers with optional stands
- Compact Acoustimass module for deep, low tones
- All-in-one control pod for volume, headphone jack and aux input
- Magnetically shielded satellite speakers
- Compression circuitry
- Active equalisation
- Dual inputs to connect both iPod and Mac
Did you notice?The all-in-one control pod keeps volume control, one-touch mute, headphone jack and aux input within easy reach.
Apple Recommends ForEnjoying striking clarity and depth for your iPod or Mac from these compact speakers and subwoofer.
What's in the Box?
- Two satellite speakers
- Acoustimass module
- Control pod
- Power cord
- Connecting cables
- Power : Power pack rating (U.S./Canada): 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Height : Satellites on stands: 6.0 in./15.0 cm; Acoustimass module: 8.5 in./21.7 cm; Control pod: 2.5 in./6.35 cm
- Width : Satellites on stands: 3.38 in./8.6 cm; Acoustimass module: 6.75 in./17.2 cm
- Depth : Satellites on stands: 3.25 in./8.2 cm; Acoustimass module: 13.75 in./34.8 cm; Control pod: 1.13 in./2.9 cm
- Weight : Satellites on stands: 0.8 lb./0.4 kg; Acoustimass module: 14.7 lb./6.7 kg; Control pod: 0.5 lb./0.2 kg
- UPC or EAN No. : 017817545952
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Compatible with all iPods
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod shuffle 1st Generation
iPod shuffle 2nd Generation
iPod shuffle 3rd Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Absolutely fantastic - best purchase ever!
Brought these speakers to dock our Ipod directly into them to use as our home music s ystem! The sound quality is absolutely crystal clear and soooooo much volume and base if you want it, perfect for parties!
Originally purchased the Companion 5 which are also excellent but we didn't realise that those can ONLY be connected through a PC to play music from the Ipod (the information and packaging for both are the same so very confused when we were told we should have gone for Companion 3 first, even this website doesn't state the difference!)
Also, you need to buy a universal dock if you want to have it set up properly so the Ipod charges when not in use.
Well worth every penny and you wont be disappointed! …
- Written by Jenny A
211 of 230 people found this useful
Just too good
I am sitting here listening to these Bose Companion V2 speakers after setting them up and listening for about an hour and the verd ict so far is 'Blimey they're good!!' Infact they are too good perhaps, let me explain. The sound differs quite allot depending on how the tracks were down/uploaded. You can really hear the difference from 128kbps and 160kbps etc which can make some music sound a little off quality wise but all in all they are excellent desk top speakers for your PC or Mac. I was told that there was no separate volume for the sub which was worrying but was pleased to find a knob on the sub which turns the deep bass down or up so the bass is customisable. I was thinking of getting the Apple HiFi speaker but I wanted proper stereo separation so these Bose speakers are a perfect alternative plus they have a seperate input for any MP3 player and a headphones output if you wish to be Mr or Mrs Quiet. Oh and they re £29 cheaper than the Apple Hifi so save and buy some decent headphones.
- Written by Andrew W from Warlingham
158 of 174 people found this useful
Just completely superior to any other multimedia soundsystem I have heard. Sound quality is just perfect. They just fill the room with a warm, crystal clear sound. Fuctionality and control are good too, especially like the included control dock with one touch mute and jacks for input and headphones.
They look fantastic and sit nicely beside my new black MacBook! You have to buy them! …
- Written by Mark D from Glasgow
109 of 130 people found this useful
Companion 3 speakers
The TV remote can be used if you plug the companion speakers into the headphone socket of the TV. perhaps not all TV's but i was s hown a demo on a samsung TV and it def worked. …
- Written by Michael A from Glasgow
13 of 21 people found this useful
The sound from these little gems is absolutely fantastic. We bought ours as a replacement for a surround sound system. Not interes ted in the sound bouncing off walls just wanted something to improve the terrible in built speakers! Only negative is we were told could adjust volume with tv remote can't work out how so a bit disappointed but can't fault the system otherwise. If you know how to use tv remote let me know! Get it bought! …
- Written by Brad S from Abergele
11 of 15 people found this useful
3 Years later - Still Amazed
I bought these speakers 3 years ago. I've never once had a problem with these and the sound quality is superb. If you are having doubt's about buying this product then don't, you will not be disappointed. I'm sure these will continue to be my laptop/movie speakers for another 3 years. …
- Written by Vikram P from Leyland
10 of 15 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Dorothy W from South Normanton
As long as the TV has a headphone output, then yes you can. If it doesn't, but has red and white out put connectors, you can still connect it, but you may need to purchase a phono cable. …
- Answered by Paul B
No, but you can connect them to an airport express to make them "Airplay".
- Answered by Alexandru C
- Asked by Ann M from Villa Maria
- Asked by Alexander U from New Milford
Yes with the mounts available from bose separately.
- Answered by Peter M