A complete update of Beats' most popular model, the Beats by Dr. Dre Solo2 headphones offer improved acoustics, a wider range of sound and enhanced clarity for all the music on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. They also deliver even greater comfort thanks to a streamlined, lightweight and durable design.
Feel a new kind of sound
The Solo2 headphones have a more dynamic and wider range of sound, with a clarity that can bring you closer to what the artist intended you to hear. You'll feel the higher fidelity audio no matter what type of music you play.
Starting at the center of the flexible headband, the frame is curved even more to enhance the custom-fit feeling. The earcups are ergonomically angled to complete this natural fit, and they pivot for optimal comfort and sound delivery. The earcups' premium material also helps dissipate heat and minimize sound leakage.
Fast-flowing curves, a lack of visible screws and easy foldability exemplify the sleek aesthetic of Beats Solo2. That thoughtful approach extends to engineering and material selection, which together result in a more durable headphone that stands up to extended use.
No need to reach for your iOS device
With the colour-matched RemoteTalk cable, you can change songs, adjust the volume and even take calls without having to reach for your iPhone, iPad or iPod. (Functionality may vary by device.)
- Updated acoustics enhance clarity
- Streamlined lightweight design for improved comfort
- Durable and compact folding design for easy portability
- Take calls and control music on your iOS devices with RemoteTalk cable
Did you notice?The RemoteTalk cable puts taking calls and controlling the audio at your fingertips.
Apple Recommends ForHearing all the music on your iPhone, iPad or iPod the way the artist intended.
What's in the Box?
- Beats by Dr. Dre Solo2 On-Ear Headphones
- RemoteTalk cable
- Carrying case
- Other Features: With Remote and Mic, Works Without Batteries
- Form Factor: On Ear
- Mfr. Part Number: MH8W2ZM/A
- UPC or EAN No.: 848447012596
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod shuffle 3rd Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Ratings & Reviews
These headphones are simply amazing. Bought it yesterday & I've been addicted to it! love listening to classical as well as pop mu These headphones are simply amazing. Bought it yesterday & I've been addicted to it! love listening to classical as well as pop music & beats studio 2 is like 'meant for it'! Has a good base & orchestral music sounds so perfect & clear! …
- Written by Amila L from Belfast
7 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Are beats available in the actual Apple store
- Asked by Joshua G from Las Vegas
- Answered by James C from Jackson
How does Remote cable button work?
- Asked by Leonard P from Muskegon
Single tap _____________________________________________________
Single tap = play/pause
Single tap and hold = Siri (On compatible devices!)
Double tap = next song
Triple tap = previous song
Double tap and hold = scrub forward in current song
Triple tap and hold = scrub backward in current song
Top and bottom buttons
Single tap top = volume up
Single tap bottom = volume down
- Answered by David F from Morganton
Looking at purchasing for long haul flights are these air phones Noise cancelling?
- Asked by Dona M from Binningup
No, but once you put them on you hardly can hear anything even when the headphones are off.
- Answered by Babak R from Gateshead
are they wireless.?
- Asked by Eren W from Nashville
- Answered by James C from Jackson
Is the cable detachable from the headphones, does the cable have a detachable section of cable?
- Asked by David C
Yeah it can be detached. If cable malfunctions you can buy another one instead of a whole new headph Yeah it can be detached. If cable malfunctions you can buy another one instead of a whole new headphone …
- Answered by Daniel P from Fort Myers