This adaptor lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* Supports analogue audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging. Video output not supported.
What's in the Box?
- Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adaptor
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Useful but expensive
It seems to be a useful adapter to have, but for it to cost £25.00? Seems a bit of a rip off to me...
- Written by Toby G from Cranleigh
1870 of 2100 people found this useful
design not thought about
Unusual for Apple the design of the adapter has not taken into account that most people put a protection case around there iPhone. Unusual for Apple the design of the adapter has not taken into account that most people put a protection case around there iPhone.All it needed was a step on the iPhone end to allow for the outer case thickness. To use the adapter the outer case has to be removed which is not only inconvenient but defeats the point of an outer case . …
- Written by Robert D from Ipswich
1021 of 1192 people found this useful
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Work's fine with B&W zeppelin,shame not in other colour options ,black or chrome would be good,as look's a bit cheap against phone Work's fine with B&W zeppelin,shame not in other colour options ,black or chrome would be good,as look's a bit cheap against phone and B&W speaker. …
- Written by nick B from cardiff
728 of 919 people found this useful
Great Design ... but
As usual, a very soldly-engineered product from Apple.
Does exactly what it says on the tin - but ...
1) VERY, VERY EXPENSIV As usual, a very soldly-engineered product from Apple.
Does exactly what it says on the tin - but ...
1) VERY, VERY EXPENSIVE for what it is. £10.00 would be reasonable but £25?!?
2) As others have mentioned, the adapter takes NO account that you may have a protective case on your iPhone/iPad. When trying to charge my new iPhone on my 30-pin Pure Clock Radio, the adapter fitted fine, and so did the iPhone on the adapter but the fact that I had a protective case on the iPhone meant that the connections on the adapter didn't make contact with the contacts in the phone. I had to take the phone out of the case in order to use the adapter to charge the phone.
So, lose 2 stars for horrendous expense and a further star for the lack of thought regarding the use of the adapter with an iPhone/iPad which has a case fitted. result - 2 stars.
SHAME APPLE! …
- Written by Brian J from Sheffield
Well mine doesn't work!
Sister bought one from a UK Apple Store an sent it to as a birthday pressie. Opened the pack, attached adapter, attached iPod, no Sister bought one from a UK Apple Store an sent it to as a birthday pressie. Opened the pack, attached adapter, attached iPod, nothing. No sound and the iPod isn't even being recognised. Took it back tho the store and they wouldn't refund or exchange the item. …
- Written by david L from wetherby
0 of 1 people found this useful
i was worried this will not work with my new docking station reading all the bad reviews... don't be fooled! the cheap version fro i was worried this will not work with my new docking station reading all the bad reviews... don't be fooled! the cheap version from ebay will not work but this one works perfect!
still bit expensive for what it is tho... …
- Written by beata S from Gravesend
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this Lightning to 30 Pin adapter work with the old iPad Camera Connection Kit?
- Asked by Nick C
Yes. Verified with my 4th Gen iPad
- Answered by Keith M from Sydney
Is there an adaptor to connect my iPhone 5s to my Bose speaker with the original connection dock?
- Asked by Hank H from Roanoke
- Asked about: iPhone
yes there is they are called lighting pin to 30 pin connector
- Answered by Keenan P from Perth
Will this work with my philips ds9/10 docking speaker
- Asked by Joanne H
Yes this will work
- Answered by Jeffrey M from Dothan
Dimensions of the adapter? HxWxD?
- Asked by Joshua M from San Francisco
H 1" x W 1" x D 1/4" (25.4 mm x 25.4mm x 6.3mm).
Vertically, the body of the adapter is actually H 1" x W 1" x D 1/4" (25.4 mm x 25.4mm x 6.3mm).
Vertically, the body of the adapter is actually 3/4" tall, with the Lightning connector itself projecting above a further 1/4" (18.8mm + 6.35mm). …
- Answered by David L from Vancouver
Will this put added stress on the input?
- Asked by Mike K from Lisle
does this work for ako users in the military?
- Asked by Gerelle L from Fort Wayne
It worked for me when using the PKard Reader with 30 pin connector and this adapter. Data does pas It worked for me when using the PKard Reader with 30 pin connector and this adapter. Data does pass through in this case, thank goodness, considering how expensive the Thursby Pkard Reader was. I'm Navy and using NKO and CAC enabled WEB OUTLOOK. I assume AKO would work the same. …
- Answered by Patricia M from Chesapeake