This USB 2.0 cable connects your iPhone, iPad or iPod with Lightning connector to your computer's USB port for syncing and charging or to the Apple USB Power Adaptor for convenient charging from a wall outlet.
- Reversible design
What's in the Box?
- Apple Lightning to USB Cable
- This cable is 3.25 feet/1m long. It does not support audio or video output.
iPad (4th generation)
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Works.... Then doesn't
I got the iPhone 5 for a couple of week thes original cable worked perfectly until the bit of wire towards the lightning adapter s tarts to crimple, eventually it just doesn't work after more weeks off the cable working and not working constantly vibrating when trying to sleep, can drive someone mad!, I then bought a new offical cable and yet it worked perfect and the same problem occurred, I am sick of paying £15 each time the cable fails to get it replaced! …
- Written by Robert R from Preston
218 of 234 people found this useful
I have had 4 of these in the past month and have had the same problem with each. They work fine until i suspect a wire comes loose in the top of the cable (where it enters the device), then it will only work when it is pulled or pushed into certain directions, until eventually it will not work at all. Im sick of wasting money on these cablels. A new cable must be brought out. …
- Written by Trudy B from Wallsend
147 of 157 people found this useful
Not Goodes enough
Unfortunately to short, far to short! When my iPad is on charge I can't use it!
- Written by Maksymilian P from St Ives
83 of 117 people found this useful
Surprised at most comments as had my iPad since xmas and have charged it most days and cable works perfectly. But...... Agree that the cable is much too short. Would like Apple to explain why they could not make it at least 1 1/2 metres or introduce a 2 metre version. Is it because it might affect the charging capabilities. …
- Written by ALAN B from CARDIFF
the cable worked for about a month then the end of the cable next to the piece you put in the machine came loose and ceased to wor k …
- Written by sharon F from littlehampton
4 chargers in three months
This product is utterly useless. The last one I bought (number four in three months) lasted a fortnight. The guy in the shop eve n said to handle it carefully because they break easily. So I did handle it carefully. And it still broke. Total rip off. …
- Written by Elaine T from middlesbrough
3 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Matthew S from Minneapolis
Disappointingly it is only USB 2.0. Says so right there in the details. I was hoping for a lightning to thunderbolt cable or at least USB 3.0. What's the point of a new dock if you can't at least get much faster transfer speeds? …
- Answered by James K from Washington
No. The 4 and 5 have different connection for charging
- Answered by Rodney M from Melbourne
- Asked by Richard M from Burke
Yes, it's the same voltage as the normal iPhone for charging. Literally the only diference is the en d of the charger. …
- Answered by Bradley W
- Asked by Sarah W
You need to go into the 'iTunes' app on your iPhone, and open the 'purchased' tab at the bottom or t he 'more' tab or something.
Hope I helped!
From weeowey …
- Answered by Owen D
No, but you can:
1. Get the 1m cable from apple and skip to the '4. '
2. keep your cable an d skip to the '4. '
3. Do both and go to the next number (4. )
4. go to eBay or amazon, and search for a 'USB Male to Female 3m cable' (you can change the '3' to whatever you like) and find one there (preferably the cheapest one). once you have got it, (excitingly) unwrap it from the packaging, and run to the plug where your charger is, plug the end of the extension cable into the charger (carefully, and make sure you plug it in the correct way up to avoid embarrassment) and plug the apple USB wire/cable of your choice into the female (port) end of the wire. Enjoy your super long cable!
from weeowey, who is always glad to help. …
- Answered by Owen D
- Asked by Goravpal S from Regina
Yes, yes it is.
- Answered by John D from Panorama