This VESA Mount Adaptor Kit allows your 24-inch or 27-inch iMac computer, 24-inch or 27-inch LED Cinema Display, or Apple Thunderbolt Display to be used with a variety of alternative mounting solutions, such as wall mounts and zero-footprint articulating arms, based on the VESA flat-panel mounting interface (FPMI).
With a tool in this kit, you can remove the iMac or display stand and attach the VESA Mount Adaptor. Then connect any VESA-compliant mounting solution with a 100mm x 100mm attachment.
With the VESA Mount Adaptor attached, your computer or display complies with the VESA MIS-D, 100, C version specification.
Works with the following models:
- 24-inch iMac (aluminium and glass)
- 27-inch iMac (late 2009, mid 2010, and early 2011)
- 24-inch LED Cinema Display
- 27-inch LED Cinema Display
- 27-inch Apple Thunderbolt Display
- Not compatible with iMac (late 2012).
- Wall mount or articulating arm not included.
Ratings & Reviews
The product looks great and the explanation on how to mount it is fine. It only seems that they expect it all to work as described , whereas I found some of the mounting did not work as simple as it was described, you need to supply quite a bit of force to get it mounted, even when following the instructions in exact detail. Considering that apple products can generally be used as a warm knife goed through butter, that seemed a bit disappointing. It does look great once installed though. …
- Written by Wim M from Maidstone
Not as difficult as it looks
When you first open the box and look at the contents you think its going to be difficult, but I found a video online that showed y ou exactly what to do and as long as you follow the steps, its actually very easy. …
- Written by John P from Sutton Coldfield
15 of 19 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
This item is not currently available in Apple Retail Stores (since the current iMacs don't work with them), but you can order one online and have it shipped to the store for free with Personal Pickup. …
- Answered by Kraig S from Deer River
- Asked by Keith J from Parkes
- Answered by Blaine D from Martensville
- Asked by Margaret F
I am typing this answer on a 27" iMac (Mid 2011) which is mounted using this VESA mount adapter kit, so the answer is a definite yes :-) …
- Answered by Dominic H
- Asked by Peter M from Chapel Hill
- Asked by Mel P from Leicester
Yes it will, we are probably one of the only very few people who still have one of these (amazing!) Machines. I love my white iMac it works perfectly. You just have to google for the guide to install it. It requires an Apple Access Card (you can make one yourself too! Just google it) …
- Answered by Matthew K from Chesapeake