Service and support from the people who know your iPad best.
For up to two years from the original purchase date of your iPad, the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you direct, one-stop access to Apple's award-winning telephone technical support for questions about using your iPad. And you get hardware repair coverage — both parts and labor — on your iPad, its battery, and included accessories.
Every iPad comes with complimentary telephone technical support for 90 days from your iPad purchase and a one-year limited warranty*. With the AppleCare Protection Plan, you can extend your service coverage to two years from the iPad purchase date. You can call Apple's award-winning technical support experts as often as you like and get your questions answered. And if you need repair service, we offer convenient service options.
Apple One-Year Limited Warranty and AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to rights provided under consumer law. For details, click here.
One stop for technical support
Because Apple designs the iPad, iOS, and many applications, the iPad is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Mail-in repair1: Mail in your iPad using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Express replacement service
- Carry-in repair1: Take your iPad to an Apple Retail Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
Apple hardware coverage
The AppleCare Protection Plan provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:
- Your iPad
- Time Capsule or AirPort device 3
- Included USB cable and power adapter
Software support included
Whether you're sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Using iOS and iCloud
- Connecting to wireless networks
- Questions about FaceTime, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, and other Apple-branded iPad apps
* Apple One-Year Limited Warranty and AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to rights provided under consumer law. For details, click here.
The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your iPad is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty. See AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
For more information, read frequently asked questions.
What's in the Box?
- Getting started guide
- Terms and conditions
- 1. Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions.
- 2. Service coverage is available for battery depletion of 50 percent or more from the original specification.
- 3. The AirPort device or Time Capsule must be purchased up to two years before your iPad purchase or during the term of your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.
- Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment. For complete details, see terms.