Logic Pro 9
At the centre of Logic Studio, Logic Pro 9 makes it easier than ever for do-it-yourself musicians to create their own compositions. Record yourself or your band, build arrangements from Apple Loops, compose with standard notation, or focus on any aspect of production.
- Manipulate audio timing and tempo with Flex Time features.
- Replace drum tracks with triggered samples in just a few clicks.
- Quickly transfer track content and setups between projects.
Studio Effects, Instruments, and Loops
Shape your sound and inspire your songwriting with a huge collection of effects, instruments and loops.
- Plug into the sound of 25 legendary amps and 25 speaker cabinets with the Amp Designer.
- Enjoy lush creative effects with the Pedalboard, an assortment of 30 virtual stompbox pedals inspired by the classics.
- Make great music using the largest collection of software instruments available in a single box, including drums, synths, and vintage keyboards.
- Produce nearly any sound imaginable with more than 80 studio-quality effect plug-ins, including vintage and modern compressors, delays, reverbs, and more.
- Embellish your music with 20,000 royalty-free Apple Loops from all the Jam Pack collections.
Perform live with the instruments, amps, effects, and sounds you used to make your tracks, and see it all clearly using a full-screen interface designed specifically for the stage.
- Play along with great live backing tracks with the flexible Playback plug-in.
- Bring sound-on-sound recording to the stage with the Loopback plug-in.
- Also includes multimapping of controls, full ReWire support, and the ability to record performances.
- Support for the Apogee GiO interface and foot controller provides hands-free operation.
What's in the Box?
- DVD containing Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2, Soundtrack Pro 3, 40 software instrument plug-ins, over 80 effect plug-ins, WaveBurner 1.6, Compressor 3.5, Impulse Response Utility, Apple Loops Utility, QuickTime 7 Pro, and required content
- Six content DVDs containing Jam Pack collections, sound effects, surround music beds, EXS24 sampler instruments, and impulse response files
- Demo content DVD containing Logic Artist Projects from The Killers, Lily Allen and Santigold
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- 9GB to install all applications and required content.
- Additional 38GB to install all optional content (large content packages can be installed on separate disk): 10GB for Jam Pack collections; 16GB for sound effects; 6GB for surround music beds; 7GB for other optional content
- 1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)
- Display with 1280-by-800 resolution or higher
- DVD drive for installation
- QuickTime 7.6 or later
- Language Support All applications in Logic Studio support English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese.
Ratings & Reviews
More unstable and buggy with every generation
I've been using logic for 12 years. I recently upgraded to Lion and intel mac and thats when everything started to go wrong. Const ant crashing, hanging and graphic errors.
I'm not happy that the more money I spend with apple the worse the software gets.
Logic itself is great but the stability within Lion is a big big problem for me. …
- Written by matthew C from studley
104 of 119 people found this useful
Thanks Apple, a great product. I have just changed over from Cubase to Logic and the difference is noticeable straight away. Every thing works! Truly Great bit of software, and music is a joy to make again. Gone are all those computer crashes that take place with Cubase. If you still happen to use cubase I have one word for you. DON'T!!! Change to Logic! …
- Written by Marcus B from Hemel Hempstead
93 of 112 people found this useful
Fantastic now. I also can now forget about PT or DP. Logic 9 now has everything I've been waiting for. POWERFUL!!
- Written by Jaroslaw S from Edinburgh
99 of 131 people found this useful
So I have came from using a PC and a number of other DAW's to using a Mac. First thing, Logic is awesome. Yes others have more shi ny new stuff but I have not had one problem with logic and it sounds great straight out of the box. It may be in need of some TLC from Apple with a new update just to keep things fresh but I cant complain about anything else. …
- Written by Ben D from Whitburn
1 of 1 people found this useful
Logic used to be outstanding!!
I have used Logic pro for just over five years! The software has continued to deteriorate over this time with minor bugs becoming major bugs! Even after supposed update fixes the software performs badly, it currently hardly performs at all on Mountain LIon.
Apple seriously need to address this as i have lost all confidence in the product and I am now looking to change DAW.
I would not recommend looking at logic until the company release an update! …
- Written by Matthew H from Southampton
15 of 20 people found this useful
Logic 9 is amazing I used to use cubase for many years but then lost everything on a windows computer crash so I went out and got my self a mac and never looked back I got logic 9 and thought wow its so much more professional
And everything is in the same windows its just all round better than anything I have ever used in my production years
I cant wait for the next installment of logic but for now im happy with logic 9 thanks apple …
- Written by Adam D from warrington
7 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
The new MacBook Pros have much smaller flash drives. Is there enough space to install and effectively run Logic Studio alongside all my other media?
- Asked by Roslyn J from Port Elliot
No answers yet
Can I export a MIDI file that I can then use in a program like Sibelius to make an orchestral score?
- Asked by Jackie L from Newmarket
- Answered by Sam G from Kalamunda
- Asked by Yuri P