Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
Using the LaCie P'9223 Slim hard drive's USB 3.0 interface, you'll be able to transfer files faster than ever before. Back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with your friends, and make sure that your important files are kept safe. With speeds up to 5Gb/s*, the possibilities are endless.
Designed for your Mac
Along with its ultra-thin profile to match your MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, the LaCie P'9223 Slim features a stylish, sophisticated aluminium finish. It's also Time Machine compatible, so you can seamlessly back up to the drive using built-in Apple software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
The result of a long collaboration with Porsche Design, the P'9223 Slim offers an exclusive and timeless shape that surrounds solid, reliable hardware built to last for years. You can use it anywhere with confidence you're getting superb performance.
- Designed for Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- Transfer files or back up your Mac significantly faster with USB 3.0
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft, or unauthorised access
Did you notice?The solid aluminium casing surrounding the disk keeps data protected.
Apple Recommends ForHigh-performance portable storage that's specially designed to match the slim profile of your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P'9223 Slim Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public Password Protection, Automatic Backup, Eco Mode, Wuala Secure Cloud Storage
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 11 mm/0.4 in.
- Width: 3.1 in./79 mm
- Weight: 204 g
- Length: 128 mm/5 in.
- Mac OS X v10.5 (Intel only) or later
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000515
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053012359
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- *For optimal performance, the drive must be connected to a USB 3.0 host port. Calculations are based on average write time. Transfer rates vary slightly from one drive to another. For USB 2.0, interface transfer rate is up to 480Mb/s. Transfer times are based on an approximately 8GB HD video.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use this to back up both my iMac and my PC (XP) or will I encounter problems?
- Asked by David G from Toronto
If you use two separate partitions it should be fine. But if you're just using it as a backup, you If you use two separate partitions it should be fine. But if you're just using it as a backup, you can get more bang from your buck from just a regular external hard drive rather than a SSD. …
- Answered by Kenny E from Gray
I am wondering if this would make a good external drive from an iMac for a iTunes Library?
- Asked by David D from Glen Ellyn