LaCie’s Rugged external hard drive now offers lightning-fast speeds of USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt and full compatibility with USB 2.0. Its shock-proof design protects the device from accidental drops. With an integrated Thunderbolt cable and universal compatibility, this external drive is robust and easy to use. Whether the goal is super speed or complete compatibility, the Rugged Thunderbolt has everything users need.
The 1TB Rugged Thunderbolt/USB 3.0 Hard Drive delivers speeds up to 110 MB/s. The 2TB Rugged Thunderbolt/USB 3.0 Hard Drive delivers speeds up to 122 MB/s.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 transfer speeds
- Speeds up to 122 MB/s
- Drop-resistant rugged design
- Time Machine compatible
- AES 256-bit encryption protection
Did you notice?This drive is MIL-compliant for superior data protection from accidental drops.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping the valuable data on your Mac safe wherever your travel - no matter how difficult the conditions.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Quick install guide
- Height: 2.4 in./6.1 cm
- Width: 8.9 in./22.61 cm
- Weight: 12.35 oz./350 g
- Length: 14 in./35.56 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000489
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053010256
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What is the rpm on this product? Is it 7200rpm?
- Asked by Belinda R from Bundaberg
It's a 5400 RPM laptop drive. They make a version with very fast SSD, but no 7200rpm.
- Answered by Aaron R from Phoenix
can i plug my iphone 5s into it
- Asked by Patrick V from Roaring Spring
Unfortunately not, because the Hard Drive requires either a Thunderbolt or a USB 3.0 port to be plug Unfortunately not, because the Hard Drive requires either a Thunderbolt or a USB 3.0 port to be plugged into, which the iPhone 5S does not have. Hope that helps. …
- Answered by John S from Menora
I have a MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010) can I connect and what date transfer speeds will I get?
- Asked by Diana T
Mid 2010 models have 3 USB 2.0 ports which give 480 megabits per second transer or around 60 megabyt Mid 2010 models have 3 USB 2.0 ports which give 480 megabits per second transer or around 60 megabytes (mb) per second. The Hard Drive also comes with a USB 3.0 cable which is compatible with USB 2.0, so you won't need another cable. …
- Answered by Karttikeya K from Canning Vale
Does this product come with a Thunderbolt cable?
- Asked by Peter C from Westleigh
Yes, it is built into the drive and wraps around the drive for easy storage.
- Answered by Chris G from Toronto