Wherever you are, Hive Active Heating lets you control your heating from your iPhone, iPad or MacBook. Just use the app, available for free download from the App Store, online dashboard, or send your command by text. Plus, the purchase of this product includes free installation from a qualified British Gas engineer.
Hive's free Geolocation feature alerts you if you’ve left home and the heating is still on or if you’re returning home and the heating is set below the temperature you’d like.
Hive automatically switches on if the temperature inside your home drops below 7°C to help protect your pipes from freezing.
Log on to the Hive website and see the temperature inside your home for the last day, week, month or year. You can then identify when your heating may have been left on when it didn’t need to be.
Receive an email alert when your home reaches a certain temperature.
For those times when you don’t want to use the app, just send your command in a text message to Hive. Add up to five additional users and they can control your heating and hot water using text control too.
Hive is installed by a British Gas engineer, however you don't need to be a British Gas customer to purchase this product.
Hive is available in two variations - Hive Active Heating and Hive Active Heating and Hot Water. Buy Hive Active Heating if you don’t have a hot water tank. Buy Hive Active Heating and Hot Water if you have a hot water tank. Click here to buy Hive Active Heating and Hot Water.
To install Hive Active Heating, you need a working central heating system. Hive can be installed on gas or LPG systems (and certain electric boilers). You also need an existing broadband connection with a spare Ethernet port connection. Currently, Hive can't be installed on multi-zonal systems - for example, if you have one thermostat that controls the upstairs and one thermostat that controls downstairs.
- Remote heating control from your iPhone, iPad or MacBook
- Alerts if you’ve left home and the heating is still on
- Temperature graph helps you track energy consumption
- Temperature alerts notify you when your home reaches a certain temperature
- Frost protection if your home drops below a certain temperature
- Send your command via text if you don't want to use the app
- Price includes free installation from a qualified British Gas engineer
Did you notice?You can add up to five additional users who can control your heating via text message.
Apple Recommends ForControlling the temperature of your heating wherever you are using your iPhone, iPad or MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- Hive Thermostat
- Hive Receiver
- Hive Hub
- Power Source: AC, External power supply
- Batteries: AA
- UPC or EAN No.: 5054347000006
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Hive Active Heating™ revolutionises the way we control heating and hot water. No more fiddling around with tricky boiler controls in dusty cupboards – now just use your mobile, tablet or laptop to do it all remotely. So wherever you are - at work, the pub or even sitting on the sofa, Hive makes heating control easy.
• Save up to £150 a year on your energy bills
• View and change the schedule of your heating and hot water to fit with your plans
• Set frost protection and temperature alerts for peace of mind
Here’s what others think:
Rather than twiddling the thermostat like someone’s dad in the 1980s, you twiddle with the thermostat via a smart-looking app, like someone’s dad in 2013 - stuff.tv
This is designed to put heating and hot water controls in the palm of your hand rather than you having to clamber in a dark cupboard to change them - tech.uk
“Finally! The end of impossible to use heating controls:-) "@engadget: British Gas introduces Hive Active Heating™” carmel @mcquaic 26 Sep
Download the free app to demo Hive and if you like it why not buy Hive Active Heating™ from hivehome.com/buynow. …
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
Ratings & Reviews
Hive heating control
Had my Hive fitted about a year ago and wouldn't be without it now! A brilliant and friendly Engineer came and fitted it and expla Had my Hive fitted about a year ago and wouldn't be without it now! A brilliant and friendly Engineer came and fitted it and explained everything to me and my wife to make sure we knew exactly how it worked! More things are being added to the app as well. I'm excited to what the future will bring to Hive!!! Would recommend to anyone! My Mum, Sister and Brother have all had one since I had mine!!! …
- Written by Andrew W from Leicester
Brilliant piece of kit
Had Hive installed earlier this year, it's brilliant, the house temperature has never been so controlled.
I love the geolocation Had Hive installed earlier this year, it's brilliant, the house temperature has never been so controlled.
I love the geolocation function reminding us to turn the heating on or off when leaving or nearing home.
Being able to move the thermostat around the house depending on where we are sitting is a bonus.
Brilliant piece of kit and well worth the money., one of those things you wish you'd had years ago. …
- Written by Charlie H from Harrogate
Easy to control app is very good. Great for me as I'm not home at regular times and I can turn heating and hot water on or off whe Easy to control app is very good. Great for me as I'm not home at regular times and I can turn heating and hot water on or off when I'm on the bus going home …
- Written by Daniel O from Middlesex
2 of 3 people found this useful