The LaCie Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 enables creative professionals to stream and edit either 4K or 3D video, whether in the office or on the road. The palm-sized device boasts speeds of up to 1,375 MB/s in addition to the connective power of Thunderbolt 2. With this speed, videographers can work directly from RAW files, enjoying full quality from footage and seeing edits in real time, while photographers can edit massive photo libraries of RAW files, in the field, with no lag time.
Weighing it at just 620 g, the LaCie Little Big Disk is small enough to fit into a laptop bag or backpack. Designed for easy portable use, Little Big Disk enables you to transfer large volumes of footage in minutes instead of hours. It also boasts an effective interior cooling system that's quieter than ever and will prevent the drive from overheating.
RAID for speed or security
Use Disk Utility on your Mac to configure the LaCie Little Big Disk into a RAID array that suits your needs. You can leave it as a striped RAID set (RAID 0) to maximise speed and capacity for large file storage and fast transfers, or you can set it up as a mirrored RAID set (RAID 1), which provides data protection if one disk fails.
About Thunderbolt 2
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
With Thunderbolt 2 now built into the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina display, you can connect up to three 4K displays at once. Thunderbolt 2 gives you up to 20 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Speeds up to 1,375 MB/s for 4K video editing
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy chaining multiple devices together
- Compact size for field-based creative workflows
- Quiet internal cooling system to prevent overheating
- Lightweight and durable design
Did you notice?The device features dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, allowing you to daisy-chain up to six devices via a single cable.
Apple Recommends ForSuper-fast 4K or 3D video or photo editing wherever you may be working.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Little Big Disk 1TB with Thunderbolt 2
- Thunderbolt cable
- Drive stand
- External power supply
- CD with user manual and quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Kensington Port, RAID support, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 8.5 cm/3.3 in.
- Width: 14 cm/5.5 in.
- Weight: 620 g
- Length: 4 cm/1.6 in.
- OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and later
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000477
- UPC or EAN No.: 3660619010400
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
With my new Mac Pro and this drive in my backpack, I have computing power that was science fiction only several years ago. This po With my new Mac Pro and this drive in my backpack, I have computing power that was science fiction only several years ago. This power lets me capture data in the field in real time (something that was not so easy before) and bring it back to the office and move it to our network in a fraction of the time previously required. Very happy with this drive. …
- Written by Peyton D
5 of 6 people found this useful