These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2565
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006936
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Complete waste of money!
I purchased this case to protect my new laptop and when it arrived I could see it was already scratched before I had even taken it I purchased this case to protect my new laptop and when it arrived I could see it was already scratched before I had even taken it out of the box. However the colour was really nice (Turquoise) and it was thin and lightweight which is exactly what I wanted. I have been using the case for around 2 months now, during which time I have found that it scratches and cracks very easily and the corners have cracked and snapped off. I haven't dropped it, banged it, dropped anything onto it etc. I haven't even taken it out of the house yet, I have been very careful with it as it's a new laptop but looking at the state of this case now you'd think I had been throwing it around. I'm very disappointed, I expected quality as I was paying more money for a case from Apple, but I think I would have been better off buying a cheaper version from eBay. Don't waste your money. …
- Written by Simone K from Great Grimsby
Functional but doesn't look good.
i have used this product for a few months now and i have found that it scratched very easily and has actually scratched the alumin i have used this product for a few months now and i have found that it scratched very easily and has actually scratched the aluminium of my macbook. I had to regularly remove and clean the inside to prevent scratching and parts of it snapped off easily without me noticing (the small part next to the charging port). I think that for the price, this product was very disappointing and i have now bought a much cheaper case which i hope will be better. …
- Written by Rosie L from Northwich
25 of 26 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a sticker on my MBP case and I'm wondering if the clear case will still let the sticker be seen?
- Asked by Jessica W from Cardiff By The Sea
Yes, if you have a sticker on your MBP it will be easily visible. Honestly, the case is difficult to Yes, if you have a sticker on your MBP it will be easily visible. Honestly, the case is difficult to even know it is on if you don't know what they look like. The case is crystal clear so every detail on the macbook can easily be seen. That's why I chose this case. I love the way the MBP looks and I didn't want any of it's "glory", if you will, to be hidden behind silly colors. …
- Answered by Jason G from Hamilton
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will al Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will allow access to the DVD drive, the product images verify this. …
- Answered by Alexander S
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
Can you see decals with this case on?
- Asked by Audrey R from Round Rock
Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colou Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colour. I chose the purple for my 13" Macbook Pro with RD which is actually a very pleasing glossy 'burgundy' colour. …
- Answered by Robert M from Dolls Point