Enjoy more storage space on your MacBook without compromising its portability or aesthetics thanks to Nifty Drives MiniDrive. The Nifty MiniDrive is a simple, seamless storage or back-up solution that sits comfortably in the MacBook's SD card slot, so you'll hardly notice it's there. An elegant and straightforward alternative to clunky external hard-drive devices, the Nifty MiniDrive can be set to sync with the MacBook's Time Machine back-up function.
- Sits seamlessly in the MacBook's SD card slot
- Compatible with Time Machine
- Matches quality and finish of the MacBook with sleek aluminium front
- Works as a storage or back-up solution
- Supports any microSD card brand, size and specifications
Did you notice?The MiniDrive is designed to fit seamlessly in the MacBook's SD card slot, so you'll hardly notice it's there.
Apple Recommends ForStoring data and backing up information from your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or MacBook Pro with Retina display.
What's in the Box?
- Nifty Drives MiniDrive
- 4 GB microSD card
- Nifty removal tool
- Connections: SDHC
- Height: 0.25 cm/0.1 in.
- Width: 2.45 cm/1 in.
- Length: 2.15 cm/0.85 in.
- OS X 10.5 or later
- 256 MB minimum
- SD card slot
- Windows XP or later
- 256MB minimum
- SD card slot
- UPC or EAN No.: 5060363430758
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Does exactly what it says it does. Sits smoothly in the slot. I am using a 64gb micro SDXC card and have my iTunes library stored Does exactly what it says it does. Sits smoothly in the slot. I am using a 64gb micro SDXC card and have my iTunes library stored on it.
I went for the red version which looks very smart on the side of the machine. Highly recommend. …
- Written by Mary F from Isleworth
6 of 6 people found this useful
Love the quality of the design
Looks exactly how I wanted. Has an amazing snug fit in my Macbook, can store a good chunk of my music and means I don't have to me Looks exactly how I wanted. Has an amazing snug fit in my Macbook, can store a good chunk of my music and means I don't have to mess about with ugly USB sticks or hefty external hard drives. This is one for anyone who loves Apple style design! …
- Written by Jacob S from Harrogate
20 of 21 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can the nifty be used with macbook pro 13-inch before retina display (late 2011 model)?
- Asked by Elizabeth T from Bundanoon
What is the difference between this and TarDisk MiniDrive which is Aluminum and half the price?
- Asked by Tom C
What is the minimum class of micro sd card I can use for my Mac air ?
- Asked by Simon Y
All MiniDrive models work with any microSD card at any capacity/class. Recommend Class 10 though for All MiniDrive models work with any microSD card at any capacity/class. Recommend Class 10 though for better speeds! …
- Answered by R A B
Can this be used with the 13" 2014 MacBook Pro with Retina display without protruding?
- Asked by Michael B
Yes - the Retina 13" MiniDrive model is the one you're after and will not protrude.
- Answered by R A B