Enjoy more storage space on your MacBook without compromising its portability or aesthetics thanks to Nifty Drives MiniDrive. The Nifty MiniDrive is a simple, seamless storage or back-up solution that sits comfortably in the MacBook's SD card slot, so you'll hardly notice it's there. An elegant and straightforward alternative to clunky external hard-drive devices, the Nifty MiniDrive can be set to sync with the MacBook's Time Machine back-up function.
- Sits seamlessly in the MacBook's SD card slot
- Compatible with Time Machine
- Matches quality and finish of the MacBook with sleek aluminium front
- Works as a storage or back-up solution
- Supports any microSD card brand, size and specifications
Did you notice?The MiniDrive is designed to fit seamlessly in the MacBook's SD card slot, so you'll hardly notice it's there.
Apple Recommends ForStoring data and backing up information from your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or MacBook Pro with Retina display.
What's in the Box?
- Nifty Drives MiniDrive
- 4 GB microSD card
- Nifty removal tool
- Connections: SDHC
- Height: 0.25 cm/0.1 in.
- Width: 2.45 cm/1 in.
- Length: 2.15 cm/0.85 in.
- OS X 10.5 or later
- 256 MB minimum
- SD card slot
- Windows XP or later
- 256MB minimum
- SD card slot
- UPC or EAN No.: 5060363430758
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Love the quality of the design
Looks exactly how I wanted. Has an amazing snug fit in my Macbook, can store a good chunk of my music and means I don't have to me Looks exactly how I wanted. Has an amazing snug fit in my Macbook, can store a good chunk of my music and means I don't have to mess about with ugly USB sticks or hefty external hard drives. This is one for anyone who loves Apple style design! …
- Written by Jacob S from Harrogate
6 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can this be used with the 27' iMac
- Asked by Charlie M
There isn't a Nifty MiniDrive designed specifically for (and thus guaranteed to work with) any of th There isn't a Nifty MiniDrive designed specifically for (and thus guaranteed to work with) any of the iMac models. However, you can check if one of the models (one for MBA, MBP, or rMBP) might work with your machine.
To do this, insert a standard SD card and mark how deep it goes in and select the Nifty MiniDrive model that has the same or slightly greater length. Those are:
21.5mm for MBA
21.2mm for MBP
15.8mm for rMBP …
- Answered by Jan B from Rockville
Can the Nifty drive be used with 15 macbook pro with retina display. Thanks.
- Asked by Christopher H
No - At the time of writing there is currently no "Nifty Drive" product that will work as intended ( No - At the time of writing there is currently no "Nifty Drive" product that will work as intended (i.e. an SD card with no protrusion from the side of the laptop) on a 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display. …
- Answered by Kenny P
The 11" MacBook Air doesn't have an SD Card reader/slot built-in so you cannot use this item with th The 11" MacBook Air doesn't have an SD Card reader/slot built-in so you cannot use this item with that machine. …
- Answered by Thom B