The Eclipse TD-M1 AirPlay Speaker System is a home speaker system that combines world-class sound with user-friendly functionality. Thanks to the TD-M1’s "true reproduction" of a recording’s real sound, you feel and hear the sound as if the artist were performing in your home.
Sound that's second to none
Eclipse boasts technology that accurately creates the air movement made by the sound in original recordings. This allows you to hear music in a whole new light, with speed, accuracy and clear imaging. The two-piece speaker system means you can enjoy true stereo effects.
AirPlay connection with and without Wi-Fi
The speaker's AirPlay connection works with and without Wi-Fi, so you can enjoy quality, lossless music without the need for a wireless network or any cords.
Simple to use
As pleasant to use as it is to look at, TD-M1 features intuitive touch sensor control for volume and source selection. Combined with TD-M1’s LED lighting, controlling your ideal sound is simple.
Unique, stylish design
The speaker's egg-shaped form has been chosen because of its ideal hydrodynamics, which means it can reproduce music without sound echoing from the shape and distorting the output. The TD-M1’s shape, materials and the single drive unit all combine to accurately transmit the sound without adding unwanted interference.
Quality high-resolution playback
TD-M1 comes with built-in integrated 24bit/192khz digital-to-analogue converter (DAC), so you don’t need to have the usual separate Hi-Fi components to simply and easily enjoy the latest generation of high-quality music (via a USB–B input).
- True Hi-Fi quality, a real audiophile speaker system
- AirPlay works with and without Wi-Fi connection
- Intuitive operation with touch sensor and LED display
- Play and charge at the same time for iPhone or iPod (via USB cable)
- Connectivity for multiple sources, 2 x USB and 3.5 mm
- Intuitive touch sensor control makes for easy functionality
- Unique egg-shaped design makes for ideal hydrodynamics
Did you notice?With unique technology, materials and construction, TD-M1 lets you enjoy your music as it was intended to be heard.
Apple Recommends ForFilling your home with high-quality sound, just the way the artist intended it to be heard.
What's in the Box?
- AC adaptor
- Power cable
- Wi-Fi antenna
- Speaker grilles
- Quick guide
- Safety instructions and service guide
- Height: 24.2 cm/9.53 in.
- Width: 15.5 cm/6.10 in.
- Weight: 5.3 kg (for two speakers)
- Length: 21.9 cm/8.62 in.
- UPC or EAN No.: 4953332643024
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
ECLIPSE TD Remote
TD Remote is a simple remote control application that allows you to easily operate the ECLIPSE home audio speaker system 'TD-M1' wirelessly.
- A wireless remote control for switching between power on and network standby, and for volume adjustment
- It can also perform functions that cannot be done on the speaker unit, for example, dimmer (LED brightness adjustment) and auto standby (automatic switching to network standby when there is no operation or signal input for a certain period)
※Network standby refers to the mode where the network functions (Wi-Fi) are available even when power is Off.
- Switching between power on and network standby
- Switching of input source
- Volume control
- Mute On/Off
- Auto standby time setting
- DAC digital filter On/Off
※This application can only be operated when the speaker unit power is On or in network standby mode.
■ Connection Method
- Connect your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad to ‘TD-M1’ via Wi-Fi.
- You can connect using either the Direct Mode that does not require a Wi-Fi router or the Wi-Fi Mode that goes through a Wi-Fi router.
※See the user manual of ‘TD-M1’ for details on the connection method.
- iOS6.0 or later
- iPhone4S, iPhone5, iPhone5S, iPhone5C
- iPod touch(4th Generation), iPod touch(5th Generation)
- iPad2, iPad(4th Generation), iPad Air, iPad mini
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
A Timely Review
After much debate in my household, I finally took the plunge and invested in this system.
Yes, it is expensive and I could have p After much debate in my household, I finally took the plunge and invested in this system.
Yes, it is expensive and I could have purchased a better known brand for less money, but I was
intrigued by the High Res DAC, Airplay function and also the ability to connect 2 x USB’s and analogue for good measure.
First impressions were good, but not mind blowing. The stereo imaging is indeed remarkable and the
ability for the speakers to sound musical immediately had a very positive impact on me.
Over time the sound has settled down so that now the blend of high and low frequencies really does come across nicely.
My wife loves the looks, my daughter loves the Airplay and I just enjoy hearing my music as it should be. …
- Written by Greg M from Cirencester
1 of 1 people found this useful
I'll give it 5
GIVE FIVE STAR RATING
I have had a pair of these on my desk for about a month now and they look and sound amazing, sitting eith GIVE FIVE STAR RATING
I have had a pair of these on my desk for about a month now and they look and sound amazing, sitting either side of my 27 inch iMac. I write and produce music for a living, so quality is very important to me and nothing I have ever tried has such clarity and focus, which helps me hear everything that’s right (or wrong :-) with my work.
Unusually for a desktop speaker these are very well balanced without the booming bass that most use to sound impressive, when I compare them to the sound of my guitar they sound very ‘real’ The Airplay side is a nice bonus, as when friends come to visit with music to show me, they all just us Airplay Direct.
Highly recommended by me, far from cheap but well worth the money IMHO if your work involves music and to me well worth 5 stars. …
- Written by John L from London
2 of 2 people found this useful
A critical review
I've only had these speakers for a few hours but since nobody else has reviewed them I feel like I should post something. First o I've only had these speakers for a few hours but since nobody else has reviewed them I feel like I should post something. First of all these speakers sound great: the highs are nice and crisp and the mids are full or character, however the lower end leaves something to be desired. I know from a 2.0 system you're not going to get the same punch that you would do from a system with a subwoofer but I think it should be possible to squeeze a bit more bass out of these. There's also no equaliser so you can't tweak them yourself. For these reasons I dock one star.
They look pretty good and match my Mac Pro about as well as anything else available right now - the colour's not the same but it's close enough - and that's the Mac's fault really! I'd seen some photos on other sites that had them all lit up with white LEDs (the volume is controlled by a touch sensitive strip that lights up) and that did put me off a little, in reality it's not a problem as they fade out when not in use. There's also a small LED at the front that lights up to indicate which input source is selected and the brightness of it can be adjusted from the app.
My main gripe with these speakers is the volume control. What's good is that they have the same volume no matter what the input. If you're using Airplay and you change the volume it actually changes the volume on the speakers (they light up to let you know). What's not so great is that you can't change the volume from within Mac OS - which means you can't control it from your keyboard - you have to either use the iOS app or use the touch strip on the front which I'm currently finding a bit fiddly. Most speakers systems I've seen have two volume controls, the one in Mac OS and the one on the speakers themselves and that just feels cheap and unintegrated - I feel these speakers have the potential to be better than that and I'm hoping a firmware update will improve the situation. For this reason I have to knock another star off - for now. …
- Written by Andrew S from FOLKESTONE
0 of 3 people found this useful