Perfect for on-the-go MacBook users, the special-edition G-Technology G-DRIVE Mobile USB 3.0 1 TB External Hard Drive is a portable storage device that combines USB 3.0 high-performance with Time Machine compatibility. Easy to set up and use, the G-DRIVE Mobile USB 3.0 is perfect for storing your important documents, music, digital video and photo files. The drive is also bus-powered so you don’t need to carry an additional external AC power supply when you're on the go.
- USB 3.0 high performance
- Solid aluminium case and thin profile makes it easy to take anywhere
- Up to 1 TB storage capacity handles documents, music, digital video and photo files
- Bus-powered hub eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Time Machine compatible
Did you notice?The G-DRIVE Mobile USB 3.0 is bus-powered, eliminating the need to carry around a separate power supply.
Apple Recommends ForStoring documents, music, digital video and photo files and backing up your computer when you're on the go.
What's in the Box?
- G-DRIVE Mobile USB Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick-start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 1.27 cm/0.5 in.
- Width: 8.2 cm/3.23 in.
- Weight: 163 g
- Length: 12.9 cm/5.08 in.
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487194432
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Great for university
Very quick write speeds, and very lightweight!
- Written by Harry S from St.Ives
24 of 25 people found this useful
really nice look and feel. Perfect for general backups, photos and music.
- Written by Mark B from Southampton
74 of 82 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How long is the manufacture warranty?
- Asked by Amando Bonito K
G-DRIVE mobile is backed by a standard 3-year factory warranty and unlimited free technical support G-DRIVE mobile is backed by a standard 3-year factory warranty and unlimited free technical support by representatives experienced with the latest content creation applications. …
- Answered by Grant R
- Asked by Ioan J
As the spec says 1TB which is 1024Gb, and it is true. When I firstly I plug mine in it shows that I As the spec says 1TB which is 1024Gb, and it is true. When I firstly I plug mine in it shows that I have 1000 Gb free space. …
- Answered by Robel N from Birmingham
can this be used on an iMac
- Asked by Alan P
Yes, although the speed it will transfer data will depend on the speed of the USB ports built into y Yes, although the speed it will transfer data will depend on the speed of the USB ports built into your iMac. They could be:
- USB 1 (transfer speeds of up to 1.5Mb per second),
- USB 2 (up to 12Mb per second); or,
- USB 3 speed (apparently up to 625Mb per second)!
This is important because you don't state what type of iMac you have, and there have been many different models since 1998! Also the real world transfer speeds will depend on what else is running on your iMac at the time.
But the short answer is, yes it can be used on an iMac. …
- Answered by Matt B
What is the speed of the driver (5400 rpm or 7200rpm)?
- Asked by Robel N from Birmingham
- Answered by Bob M
can this device be used on an ipad and iphone 4s
- Asked by Paul R
Firstly I am not sure what you are trying to do @paul R, but I will try to answer the question from Firstly I am not sure what you are trying to do @paul R, but I will try to answer the question from my point of view.
I don’t think you can use the devise as an external storage for iPad or iPhone. This is because the hard drive need to be powered up by a PC or laptop in order to do any work (function). But on the other hand, you can connect it to the Airport Express and use it wirelessly and access your data from those mentioned devices as well as iPad or iPhone. Beside that you can you it as an external backup device for your IOS devices through iTunes by editing the backup file management (backup file location).
I hope this answer your question, if it is not send me a question with more information. …
- Answered by Robel N from Birmingham