Perfect for on-the-go MacBook users, the special-edition G-Technology G-DRIVE Mobile USB 3.0 1 TB External Hard Drive is a portable storage device that combines USB 3.0 high-performance with Time Machine compatibility. Easy to set up and use, the G-DRIVE Mobile USB 3.0 is perfect for storing your important documents, music, digital video and photo files. The drive is also bus-powered so you don’t need to carry an additional external AC power supply when you're on the go.
- USB 3.0 high performance
- Solid aluminium case and thin profile makes it easy to take anywhere
- Up to 1 TB storage capacity handles documents, music, digital video and photo files
- Bus-powered hub eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Time Machine compatible
Did you notice?The G-DRIVE Mobile USB 3.0 is bus-powered, eliminating the need to carry around a separate power supply.
Apple Recommends ForStoring documents, music, digital video and photo files and backing up your computer when you're on the go.
What's in the Box?
- G-DRIVE Mobile USB Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick-start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 1.27 cm/0.5 in.
- Width: 8.2 cm/3.23 in.
- Weight: 163 g
- Length: 12.9 cm/5.08 in.
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487194432
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
really nice look and feel. Perfect for general backups, photos and music.
- Written by Mark B from Southampton
160 of 175 people found this useful
Great for university
Very quick write speeds, and very lightweight!
- Written by Harry S from St.Ives
102 of 110 people found this useful
There are other 1tb usb3 hard drives available a little cheaper. I tend to stick with apple accredited goods as I find the build q There are other 1tb usb3 hard drives available a little cheaper. I tend to stick with apple accredited goods as I find the build quality to be exceptional. Very impressed with the performance, as well as how slim and quiet this device is. Hhhmm others say I could have got a similar device £13 cheaper. Yes I could - but I will always opt for quality and performance. …
- Written by Alan M from Scunthorpe
86 of 91 people found this useful
Worked for first couple of months then broke!
Broke and now cannot put any information on it/get any of my important files off it!
- Written by Lucy H from Blackburn
2 of 2 people found this useful
It's getting noisy
After only 3 months of use as a Time Machine backup drive, it's getting noisier by the week! I've already had to run a repair util After only 3 months of use as a Time Machine backup drive, it's getting noisier by the week! I've already had to run a repair utility when it failed! Luckily I managed to recover my Backups and now entrust them to a more established Brand's drive. I don't expect this one will last a year and will attempt to return it for a refund or credit. …
- Written by Strawbs B from Watford
12 of 13 people found this useful
Very Effective and Good Value for Money
Not the quickest drive in the world, but more than good enough for most purposes. A 600 Gb timemachine initial backup on my mid 2 Not the quickest drive in the world, but more than good enough for most purposes. A 600 Gb timemachine initial backup on my mid 2009 MacBook pro took about 4hours. The drive looks to be well built and is ideal for backing up and storage. Given the storage capacity/performance/build quality the price is very fair. …
- Written by Prakash P from Leatherhead
8 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Are backed up photos retrievable in the same format (organised folders) that they were in iPhoto?
- Asked by Justin W
As I have MacBook Air with small hardware size so I saved all my medial and pictures files, folders As I have MacBook Air with small hardware size so I saved all my medial and pictures files, folders and apps at the G-Technology G-Drive 1TB. By doing this I gained bigger memory and keep the laptop up top performance. So all my iPhoto pictures and folders are as they are organised and same as I backthemup from my old MacBook pro. So yes it keep them as they are organised and it is very easy to access them, on top of that that gives you free access to your iPhotos from any other apple laptop or Mac. Good luck. …
- Answered by Robel N
Can I use this drive to make a bootable clone of my iMac
- Asked by Matthew K from London
Is this G Drive compatible with yosemite? I have a Macbook Pro late 2012 and just updated to Yosemite. I want to save movies and photos to this.
- Asked by Ann R from Pittsburgh
Yes, it works with Yosemite. There isn't anything you have to do or update with the hard drive. Just Yes, it works with Yosemite. There isn't anything you have to do or update with the hard drive. Just make it sure the hard drive format is compatible to be use by Mac. …
- Answered by Robel N