Perfect for on-the-go MacBook users, the special-edition G-Technology G-DRIVE Mobile USB 3.0 1 TB External Hard Drive is a portable storage device that combines USB 3.0 high-performance with Time Machine compatibility. Easy to set up and use, the G-DRIVE Mobile USB 3.0 is perfect for storing your important documents, music, digital video and photo files. The drive is also bus-powered so you don’t need to carry an additional external AC power supply when you're on the go.
- USB 3.0 high performance
- Solid aluminium case and thin profile makes it easy to take anywhere
- Up to 1 TB storage capacity handles documents, music, digital video and photo files
- Bus-powered hub eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Time Machine compatible
Did you notice?The G-DRIVE Mobile USB 3.0 is bus-powered, eliminating the need to carry around a separate power supply.
Apple Recommends ForStoring documents, music, digital video and photo files and backing up your computer when you're on the go.
What's in the Box?
- G-DRIVE Mobile USB Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick-start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 1.27 cm/0.5 in.
- Width: 8.2 cm/3.23 in.
- Weight: 163 g
- Length: 12.9 cm/5.08 in.
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487194432
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
really nice look and feel. Perfect for general backups, photos and music.
- Written by Mark B from Southampton
162 of 178 people found this useful
Great for university
Very quick write speeds, and very lightweight!
- Written by Harry S from St.Ives
105 of 113 people found this useful
There are other 1tb usb3 hard drives available a little cheaper. I tend to stick with apple accredited goods as I find the build q There are other 1tb usb3 hard drives available a little cheaper. I tend to stick with apple accredited goods as I find the build quality to be exceptional. Very impressed with the performance, as well as how slim and quiet this device is. Hhhmm others say I could have got a similar device £13 cheaper. Yes I could - but I will always opt for quality and performance. …
- Written by Alan M from Scunthorpe
100 of 105 people found this useful
Worked for 6 months and now doesnt work at all. The external harddrive makes a horrible noise when I plug it in and the light come Worked for 6 months and now doesnt work at all. The external harddrive makes a horrible noise when I plug it in and the light comes on, however it is not being recognised in Finder …
- Written by Sajan D from Slough
2 of 3 people found this useful
Compact design and does the job!
I have been using this drive for almost 3 years to save back ups - mainly of photographs (in addition to another drive as a time m I have been using this drive for almost 3 years to save back ups - mainly of photographs (in addition to another drive as a time machine). It is now full, so time to shop for another one.
I was pleasantly surprised at how compact the drive is - very portable. I only have a USB 2 connection on my laptop and it has worked flawlessly - no problems at all. …
- Written by Barbara C from Newport
1 of 1 people found this useful
Worked for first couple of months then broke!
Broke and now cannot put any information on it/get any of my important files off it!
- Written by Lucy H from Blackburn
5 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Are backed up photos retrievable in the same format (organised folders) that they were in iPhoto?
- Asked by Justin W
As I have MacBook Air with small hardware size so I saved all my medial and pictures files, folders As I have MacBook Air with small hardware size so I saved all my medial and pictures files, folders and apps at the G-Technology G-Drive 1TB. By doing this I gained bigger memory and keep the laptop up top performance. So all my iPhoto pictures and folders are as they are organised and same as I backthemup from my old MacBook pro. So yes it keep them as they are organised and it is very easy to access them, on top of that that gives you free access to your iPhotos from any other apple laptop or Mac. Good luck. …
- Answered by Robel N
Can i transfer a sony desk top to my macbook pro
- Asked by Stephen B
Can I use a G technology G drive mobileUSB 3.0 1TB external drive with 10.6.8 ? Thanks
- Asked by Susan C
Can I use this drive to make a bootable clone of my iMac
- Asked by Matthew K from London
Provided that this drive acts like any other ones I've seen there should be no problem.
- Answered by Joe R