The G-Technology G-Drive Mobile Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 Hard Drive is a portable external storage device for laptop users featuring ultra-fast Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 interfaces. Compatible with Time Machine, G-Technology G-Drive Mobile features 1TB capacity and a 7200 RPM hard drive for quickly backing up digital video, photos, music and documents. The device is bus-powered, so there's no need to carry around an external AC power supply.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Transfer rates up to 136 MB/s
- Storage capacities up to 1 TB
- Stylish aluminium enclosure
- Bus-powered via Thunderbolt or USB
- Formatted for Mac and easily reformatted for Windows
- Time Machine compatible
Did you notice?The device is bus-powered, so there's no need to carry around an external AC power supply.
Apple Recommends ForBacking up digital video, photos, music and documents on your laptop.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-Drive Mobile Thunderbolt USB 3.0 Hard Drive
- Thunderbolt cable
- USB 3.0 cable
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered, External power supply
- Height: 1.9 cm/0.71 in.
- Width: 8.3 cm/3.27 in.
- Weight: 294 g
- Length: 12.7 cm/5 in.
- OS 10.7 or later
- Windows 8, 7 and Vista
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03040
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487193190
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What type of thunderbolt is it? 2.0
- Asked by Ivy W from Bonita Springs
No, just Thunderbolt 1. The transfer speeds don't even reach USB 3 speeds (half of Thunderbolt 1) so No, just Thunderbolt 1. The transfer speeds don't even reach USB 3 speeds (half of Thunderbolt 1) so having Thunderbolt 2 would be pointless. …
- Answered by Andrew T from Sydney
can it be used as a boot drive
- Asked by Dale K from Petawawa
Yes, you can configure any external or internal drive to boot from a mac. On a PC, it depends on yo Yes, you can configure any external or internal drive to boot from a mac. On a PC, it depends on your bios and it's settings. …
- Answered by Russell K from Severn
Does it work with ipad air? Can I back up my photo album? Tks
- Asked by Graziano I from Trieste
No, unfortunately this product can not be used with your iPad. I would recommend that you look at th No, unfortunately this product can not be used with your iPad. I would recommend that you look at the G-CONNECT from G-Technology, it's a wireless storage device specifically designed to be used with iPad & iPhone. you can find out about it on G-Technology's website. Although, to my knowledge, its not sold on the Apple online store. …
- Answered by Elliot B
can I use thnderbolt to Firewire cable on this drive to move data to a firewire device.
- Asked by Kenneth D from Saint Charles