Libratone's Zipp speaker gives you true freedom of sound and freedom of choice for listening to the music on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac.
No wires, no worries
PlayDirect is wireless sound out of the box, because it needs no Wi-Fi access point or router. Just press Play on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac to stream your music.
Stream high-quality audio wirelessly from your iOS devices to your Libratone Zipp without loss of sound quality. AirPlay also enables you to set up multi-room systems with iTunes.
Choose from three colourful Italian wool speaker covers to suit your mood. They're quick and easy to change with a simple zip.
Like an acoustic instrument the FullRoom technology in Libratone Zipp disperses sound waves every which way, wrapping everyone in vibrant audio.
Provide the free Libratone app with a few bits of information to get software updates and a personalised sound experience.
If you prefer to play your music the old-fashioned way, connect to Libratone Zipp via the 3.5 mm stereo jack or a USB plug.
This is a 60-watt, full 2.1 stereo system with FullRoom technology and DSP optimisation. A four-inch bass and two one-inch ribbon based tweeters deliver the sound.
The rechargeable battery gives you complete audio freedom. The speaker plays up to eight hours wired or up to four hours wirelessly per charge.
- Stream wireless stereo audio from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac anywhere
- Libratone PlayDirect creates a direct wireless network between your iOS device and Libratone Zipp – for a truly portable sound experience.
- FullRoom acoustic technology for exceptional sound performance
- Two extra speaker covers included; just “un-zipp” and “zipp” to change colours
- Built-in digital signal processing and digital amplification
- Plays and charges iPhone or iPod through the USB plug
- Plays up to eight hours wired and up to four hours via AirPlay/PlayDirect per charge
- Free Libratone app lets you enhance and customise your audio experience
- Ribbon-based tweeters for crystal-clear sound
Did you notice?PlayDirect lets you connect via AirPlay anywhere, even where no Wi-Fi network is available.
Apple Recommends ForPlay the music from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac wirelessly wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- Libratone Zipp AirPlay Speaker
- AC wall charger
- Three wool covers
- Frequency Response: 60-20,000Hz. Maximum output: 96 dB SPL/1m
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: One 4-inch bass and two 1-inch ribbon based tweeters
- Power: Power Source: 110-230 VAC, 50/60Hz. Power consumption 40W external charger. Battery power
- Power Source: AC, Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 10.2 in./26 cm
- Width: 4.8 in./12.2 cm
- Weight: 4 lb./1.8 kg
- UPC or EAN No.: 5710957008565
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
A beautiful sound.... but. It's a bit tricky to set up. And then the wi-fi constantly crashes. We use it in the room next to the r A beautiful sound.... but. It's a bit tricky to set up. And then the wi-fi constantly crashes. We use it in the room next to the router, where it gets about 40% signal. So, I bought a Netgear extender, bringing the wi-fi signal to the speaker to over 80% ... and it still keeps crashing. One way or the other, does it matter how good the sound is if it keeps crashing? And then it's a bit tricky to set up ... so you're right in the middle of a song you're completely loving, the party's swinging, the girls are dancing... . And the music goes dead. And it takes 4-5 minutes of fiddling to get it set up again. And 10 minutes later... the music goes dead. I'm going to call Apple to ask for a replacement. But what are the chances? …
- Written by Leo S from London
5 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you confirm the dimensions / weight? May have missed it but couldn't see this in the tech spec.
- Asked by Tim S
H: 10.2 inch. Ø: 4.8 inch.
Weight: 4 pounds.
- Answered by Tommy A
what's the difference between Bose SoundLink® Bluetooth® Mobile speaker II and Libratone Zipp Portable AirPlay Speaker witch one would play more hours
- Asked by Juan Carlos C from México
Bose Soundlink Bluetooth streams via bluetooth which compresses audio. The Libratone plays via airp Bose Soundlink Bluetooth streams via bluetooth which compresses audio. The Libratone plays via airplay which delivers an uncompressed signal. I have the Bose right now and it sounds great, however as it's bluetooth it's susceptible to cracking sounds periodically. Bose I believe claims 12 hours on a charge, Libratone is 4 hours. …
- Answered by Al F from Toronto
What's the difference between the libratone Zipp and Libratone live, other than the price?
- Asked by Ashli K from Jamaica Plain