The Disney Friends of Hue StoryLight Starter Kit works with the Disney Storytime App on your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to bring your favourite stories to life. Interacting with the app, the light colour of the StoryLight changes each time you turn the page of your e-book. StoryLight is also compatible with the free Philips Hue app, which allows you to choose from and experience 16 million different colours with the touch of a finger.
The free Disney Storytime App comes enabled with three children's stories - Toy Story: Starry Night, Rapunzel's Story and Monsters, Inc: Always Time for a Laugh - with more than 30 other stories available for purchase.
Toy Story: © Disney/Pixar
- Works with the Disney Storytime App, for use on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Three popular Disney stories are included on the free Storytime App, with more than 30 other stories available for purchase
- Light colours change automatically every time you turn the page
- Colour-picker function allows you to choose the colour for each page of the story
- Compatible with the Philips Hue app and other third-party Hue apps
- Fitted with an energy-saving 8-Watt LED light
Did you notice?The StoryLight Starter Kit also works with the Philips Hue app, which allows you to choose from and experience 16 million colours at the touch of a finger.
Apple Recommends ForChildren and grown-ups alike who want to see their favourite stories come to life.
What's in the Box?
- Philips Disney StoryLight LED lamp
- Power supply for StoryLight LED lamp
- Philips Hue bridge
- Power supply for Philips Hue bridge
- LAN cable to connect Philips Hue bridge to your router
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 22.6 cm
- Width: 21.1 cm
- Weight: 510 g
- Length: 11.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 719945548
- UPC or EAN No.: 8718291494324
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Stories in Disney Storytime app are currently available in English only.
**ALL-NEW STORIES: From all-time favorites like The Lion King and101 Dalmatians to modern classics like Finding Nemo and Frozen, Disney Storytime features a wide assortment of titles and now features five new stories! Fly away with Dumbo, see how Cinderella handles a great cat-astrophe, go on an adventure with the Incredibles, join Ariel on her quest for the purple pearl, and help Prince Naveen find the perfect gift for Tiana!
• Unlock five brand new stories and up to 32 additional books!
• Download and receive 3 FREE Disney stories!
• Record your own voice and create an avatar!
Disney Storytime features the largest collection of Disney stories right at your fingertips! Read at your own pace, follow along as each story is read to you, or record your own voice! And don’t forget to visit the “Me” section to create and personalize your very own Storytime avatar.
Featuring delightful illustrations and animation, word-for-word narration, original music and hundreds of sound effects, as well as an innovative credits system for seamless story downloading, Disney Storytime offers hours of immersive reading fun.
***Philips Disney Storylight Feature!
Your favorite Disney stories come to life in a whole new way when you combine the Disney Storytime app with the Philips Disney Storylight. Watch as your room becomes enchanted with beautiful colored lighting effects magically synchronized to the story. The Philips Disney Storylight is available in Apple stores and online at apple.com
Before syncing your app to multiple devices, be sure to activate iCloud on the original device where the app and credits were purchased. Once iCloud has been activated, open the app on the original device so that the data on the app is pushed to your iCloud account. You can now sync your other devices using the same iCloud account.
If you are experiencing difficulties with audio, please check if your device is muted, and the in-app settings. Don't hesitate to contact customer care at 877-662-3769 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with your story credits.
Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains in-app purchases that cost real money, as well as advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies. …
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
I have a house which has many Hue bulbs... blooms and led strip lights and with a little one on the way, I thought I would give th I have a house which has many Hue bulbs... blooms and led strip lights and with a little one on the way, I thought I would give this a go.
It works exactly as it's meant to with the Disney Storytime app, as the page turns the StoryLight changes to reflect the colours of the images onscreen.
What it isn't obvious from the description, is that the Disney Storytime book app allows you to add your other Hue lights into the equation, so you can either add all your hue lights or select which ones you would like to work in tandem with StoryLight. All the lights then reflect different colours based on the image on that page, it really is a lovely addition. If your child loves Disney and you love the Hue light system, or indeed are thinking of dipping you toe, this is a must. …
- Written by Richard J from Reading
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
if i already have the hue starter pack will the disney app still work without buying the disney story light?
- Asked by Donna W from Ozark
That is helpful but does the disney app control other lights in the same network if set up as such?
- Answered by Stephen R from Long Beach
i have a hue starter pack already, can i buy this without a bridge?
- Asked by Phillip F
Yes, you only need x1 bridge. I have connected this to my existing Hue bridge with no issues.
- Answered by David B