The premier storage choice for creative audio/video professionals and multimedia enthusiasts around the globe, the PROMISE Pegasus2 can now deliver even faster performance with the new 20Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 technology, while assuring enterprise-class reliability and ease of use.
Incredible speed for creative workflows
The Pegasus2 is the fastest Thunderbolt 2 storage solution available, delivering raw power for audio/video/graphics amateurs and professionals alike to experience new capabilities with ease. Final Cut professionals can ingest, edit and play back multiple streams of ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 4444 as well as uncompressed HD 10-bit and 12-bit video, while protecting valuable workflows, audio sessions and other creative media content.
Simple, flexible and cost-effective backup solutions
Fast, safe and reliable external storage is essential when protecting your valuable files such as music, photos and videos. Back up your irreplaceable digital media, documents, and also your entire computer or workstation to Pegasus2 with Time Machine in OS X.
Easy to use, quiet and eco-smart
Pegasus2 systems are user friendly and come preconfigured straight out of the box — so you can just plug in and start using. Status, management tools and advanced settings can be accessed via the built-in Promise Utility. Engineered to be eco friendly and RoHS compliant, Pegasus2 is perfect for SMB environments.
Enterprise-class RAID protection
Pegasus2 features enterprise-level RAID storage protection for your data, supporting a broad range of RAID levels as well as automatic error handling.
- Choice of raw capacities: 24TB of raw capacity (20.7TB configured RAID 5 and formatted with HFS+) or 32TB of raw capacity (27.9TB configured RAID 5 and formatted with HFS+)
- Advanced RAID engine, supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10
- Robust error handling provides superior data protection
- Reliable, rugged yet elegant enclosure, ultra-quiet design
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chaining up to six Pegasus units, Apple Thunderbolt Displays or Mini DisplayPort devices
- Hot-swappable bays for effortless drive access and serviceability
- Built-in Promise Utility for systems management and advanced settings
- Backward compatible with 10Gb/s Thunderbolt hosts and devices
Did you notice?Pegasus2 systems come preconfigured straight out of the box — so you can just plug in and start using them.
Apple Recommends ForTake advantage of 20Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 performance for creative audio/video projects on your Mac Pro.
What's in the Box?
- PROMISE Pegasus2 R8 (24TB model includes eight 3TB drives; 32TB model includes eight 4TB drives)
- Thunderbolt cable
- Power cable
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: RAID Support, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 31 cm/12.2 in
- Width: 18.7 cm/7.36 in
- Weight: 11.2 kg/25 lb
- Length: 25 cm/9.84 in
- OS X v10.8.5 or later (OS X Mavericks ready)
- Available Thunderbolt port
- Mfr. Part Number: F40PR8P01100000
- UPC or EAN No.: 704118095810
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Warranty: Two years; extended warranty options are available. Please contact Promise for details.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can this drive be used by two computers at the same time
- Asked by Jason S from Bowling Green
Very unlikely. But if both computers have Mac OS X 10.9, you may want to connect the iMac to the Mac Very unlikely. But if both computers have Mac OS X 10.9, you may want to connect the iMac to the Mac Pro using a Thunderbolt cable, and create a Thunderbolt network bridge. Then, you connect the drive to the Mac Pro and share the drive with this network.
If you do not need the speed, you can buy a NAS instead. …
- Answered by Tommy R from Montreal
With what kind of HDs does it ship with, or do we need to get the HDs separately?
- Asked by Ryan S from San Diego
Is this able to be used with a Macbook Pro?
- Asked by Dusty S from Martinez
That would depend on which Macbook pro you have. If your macbook pro has Thunderbolt port(s) then ye That would depend on which Macbook pro you have. If your macbook pro has Thunderbolt port(s) then yes, the drive has 2 X Thunderbolt 2 ports and it is backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 so as long as you have a thunderbolt port on your macbook you can use this drive. …
- Answered by Georgios D