The Skoog is an exciting new musical instrument designed for those unable to play traditional instruments. The Skoog is soft, squeezable and easy to plug into your MacBook or notebook’s USB port. By touching, pressing, squashing, twisting or tapping it you can play a wide range of instruments intuitively.
Adjust your Skoog and challenge yourself to grow as a musician. Whether you have limited mobility or bags of agility, you can make your Skoog fit your style.
- Robust and wipe-clean
- Five fully adjustable, touch-sensitive surfaces
- A range of instruments: woodwind, brass, string and electronic
- Custom profiles so you can enjoy the Skoog with friends and family
- Use traditional scales or create your own
- Loop and layer samples to create your own sound
- Record your performance to create backing tracks or share with friends
- Connect to Garageband and Logic
- Versatile software to expand your musical creativity
Did you notice?It’s squeezable, providing an engaging, tactile experience for all users.
Apple Recommends ForUse the Skoog with your Mac for an interactive alternative to musical instruments.
What's in the Box?
- One multi-touch Skoog sensor
- Quick start guide (with instructions for Skoog software download)
- Height: 15 cm
- Width: 15 cm
- Weight: 880 g
- Length: 18 cm
- UPC or EAN No.: 609788981053
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Good but still needs improvement
The Skoog is an innovative piece of kit, fairly durable, pleasant to manipulate and aesthetically pleasing. It is not totally acce The Skoog is an innovative piece of kit, fairly durable, pleasant to manipulate and aesthetically pleasing. It is not totally accessible to everyone, with touch sensitive parts at all angles you do need to reach around the back to play some notes something that is especially problematic to those who might like to play the Skoog with their chin / head / knees etc., this is something that does reduce its accessibility to some. Being based on a type of sound synthesis known as physical modelling the skoog does have a fair degree of expression, but unfortunately the sounds are not amazing. The ability to output MIDI from the software is useful and goes someway to addressing the quality of the sounds provided by the PeRcolate physical modelling engine. The software itself is fairly easy to use and should go a fair way to getting those less comfortable with music technology (i.e teachers) making music in their classrooms. Unfortunately, as with most technology aimed at those with special educational needs and disabilities, the Skoog is fairly expensive for what it is. …
- Written by Barry F from Bristol
Working with Skoog
I have been using Skoog now for nearly 4 years and it has become an intregal part of my music technology to enable the young peopl I have been using Skoog now for nearly 4 years and it has become an intregal part of my music technology to enable the young people I work with, who have varying degrees of ASN both physical and across the cognitive continuum, to achieve great success in musical activities. They are able to have greater exam success but perhaps even more importantly they have increased confidence and are willing to tackle challenges where previously they would have given up. Skoog has helped to enable pupils to take part in events with mainstream pupils such as the Cultural Olympiad in London in 2012 and recently taking part in National Music Youth Festival.
I have also used Skoog with the elderly and have been impressed by the reactions of people with dementia where they have been focussed for a longer period of time working in a group situation or in a 1 to 1 situation with myself.
Another important point about Skoog is that it can be used to encourage communication.
I consider Skoog a valuable tool when developing and encouraging musical activity. …
- Written by Moira T
7 of 11 people found this useful
The Skoog is sensational. A liberating piece of hardware and backed up with superb tools and support. We use it at The Songwriting The Skoog is sensational. A liberating piece of hardware and backed up with superb tools and support. We use it at The Songwriting Charity. And we love it. …
- Written by JOHN Q from Cambridge
5 of 8 people found this useful