The IK Multimedia iRig KEYS with Lightning connector is a portable universal MIDI controller keyboard for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Mac. The iRig KEYS is the perfect accessory for the music enthusiast or performer.
The iRig KEYS connects directly to your iOS devices via Lightning and 30-pin connection cables or with the USB port on your Mac so there is no need for additional apps, software or drivers to get it set up. It has a compact design so won’t take up too much space on your desktop and is easily transported in a backpack or cabin bag.
The keyboard features 37 velocity-sensitive mini-keys and has a low power consumption unit, meaning it can be powered by your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch when outside of the studio. It can also be powered by the Mac USB port for longer keyboard sessions.
- Sleek, ultra-compact and durable mini keyboard
- 37 velocity-sensitive mini-keys (three full-octave range plus one note)
- Modulation/pitch bend wheels and volume/data knob (assignable)
- Input for an optional sustain or expression pedal
- Powered via your Apple device or Mac USB port
- Lightning connection, 30-pin USB and MIDI cables included
- Includes software and apps for live performance and composition
Did you notice?The iRig KEYS can be powered by your Apple devices for music on the go.
Apple Recommends ForInstall the included software and apps on your Apple devices for use during live performances and song writing.
What's in the Box?
- iRig KEYS keyboard
- Lightning connection cable
- USB to Micro-USB connection cable
- 30-pin connection cable
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: 1/4 inch Pedal, USB
- Height: 4 cm
- Width: 50.3 cm
- Weight: 660 g
- Length: 12 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- UPC or EAN No.: 8025813509030
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I am considering buying this for my nine year old daughter. Is it appropriate for her age?
- Asked by Victoria A
It depends on what you're wanting to get out of it. Presumably, your daughter owns/has access to, a It depends on what you're wanting to get out of it. Presumably, your daughter owns/has access to, and is familiar with, a Mac or iOS device, so no problems there.
The main issue is around the size of the keyboard, which could eventually be restrictive if your daughter continues to develop her playing skills.
The main use for these kind of keyboards (and I own a similar one) is as a take-anywhere songwriting tool. That said, it would also be an inexpensive starting point for someone just dipping their toes into learning to play keyboard, or just wanting to have some fun making music!
If you're after something for a serious learner though, you'd be much better served getting something with full-size keys and at least a 5-octave keyboard. …
- Answered by Ben T from Murwillumbah