Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm and its companion app on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch make safety easy—and decidedly less annoying. Nest Protect speaks with a human voice, telling you where and what the danger is, and gives you a friendly Heads-Up before turning on a loud alarm. There's also a Voice Alarm to help wake up kids, since it's not uncommon for them to sleep through beeping alarms. And all it takes to quiet the alarm is a wave of your hands—no more swinging towels or brooms. Nest Protect even sends a message wirelessly to your iOS device when its batteries run low.
- Nest Wave lets you silence alerts with the wave of a hand—no more swinging brooms or towels
- Heads-Up delivers a friendly alert so you can handle burning toast before a piercing alarm goes off
- Sends a message to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if the alarm goes off or if batteries run low
- Nightly Promise function tests Nest Protect's sensors and batteries and lets you know it's working with a quick green glow at night
- Silence the chirp of low batteries—Nest Protect shows you its batteries are good before you doze off
- Since children can sleep through beeping alarms, Voice Alarms activate in addition to sound alarms to help kids wake up and avoid danger
Did you notice?Silence alerts by simply waving your hands—no more swinging brooms or towels.
Apple Recommends ForKeep safe with voice and sound alarms and alerts to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm
- 6 long-life batteries designed for multi-year operation (Battery-powered model); 3 long-life backup batteries (AC-powered model)
- Four screws
- User's guide and welcome guide
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Power: AA batteries for battery-powered model; 230V AC for wired model
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Height: 1.61 in./4.1 cm
- Width: 5.28 in./13.4 cm
- Weight: 12.42 oz./352 g
- Length: 5.28 in./13.4 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: S1001BW
- UPC or EAN No.: 854448003174
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Connect to your Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm from one place - the Nest app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can adjust the temperature on your Nest Thermostat from anywhere and get notifications for important events, like Heads-Up and Emergency Alarm.
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPad mini with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will it work if the wireless is off ? (Alerting if there's smoke in the room)? Or it'll be disabled without wireless ?
- Asked by Mshari D from Springfield Gardens
The wireless is used to notify you via smart device whenever the device goes off. The actual devices The wireless is used to notify you via smart device whenever the device goes off. The actual devices themselves use their own interconnect (known as threading) to talk to each other. So, when one goes off, the others will go off as well, regardless of an active wifi. You just won't get the notification if the wifi is down. …
- Answered by Catriona L from Chico
Is there a detector needed in each room?
- Asked by Richard N from Conroe
Generally no but depending on your state of residence the laws are different. Generally a smoke dete Generally no but depending on your state of residence the laws are different. Generally a smoke detector is required in every bedroom and the hallways leading to those rooms and the kitchen. Check with your local Fire Department they will have the best and latest codes for your state. …
- Answered by Leslie M from Hampton
Can the night light feature be turned off?
- Asked by Ramon P from Palatine
Yes, it can be switched-off in the App. By the way, if you assign a Protect to a Bedroom, Path Light Yes, it can be switched-off in the App. By the way, if you assign a Protect to a Bedroom, Path Light will automatically be turned off so it does not annoy you when you sleep... Here again, you have the ability to adjust this setting from the App. …
- Answered by Lionel G
Will it work if the wireless is off ? (Alerting if there's smoke/fire/Co2)? Or it'll be disabled without wireless ? same question for the Thermostat
- Asked by Douglas G from Toronto
How many nest smoke detectors can be added together in one house
- Asked by Randy K from Boston
The user manual says that "You can connect up to 10 interconnected to a Nest Account", I would assum The user manual says that "You can connect up to 10 interconnected to a Nest Account", I would assume that's the limit. …
- Answered by Lionel G
Does this CO alarm conform to EN50291:2012, the European standard for CO alarms
- Asked by Kevin M
According to the manufacturer, Nest Protect complies with all of the following smoke and carbon mono According to the manufacturer, Nest Protect complies with all of the following smoke and carbon monoxide alarm standards:
UL 2034 - “Single and Multi Station Carbon Monoxide Alarms”
UL 217 - “Single and Multi Station Smoke Alarms”
CSA 6.19-01 - “Residential carbon monoxide alarming devices”
CAN-ULC-S531-02 “Standard for Smoke Alarms”
BS EN-14604 - “Smoke alarm devices”
BS EN-50271:2010 - “Electrical apparatus for the detection and measurement of combustible gases, toxic gases or oxygen”
BS EN-50291 - “Electrical apparatus for the detection of carbon monoxide in domestic premises”
BS EN-50292 - Electrical apparatus for the detection of carbon monoxide in domestic premises — Guide on the selection, installation, use and maintenance” …
- Answered by Miles R