These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Air. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook without changing its looks.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2363
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709004918
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
DON'T BUY RUBBISH BROKE AFTER 3 MONTHS
Great idea very poorly executed, bottom half never fitted well but now will not stay on at all and small piece of plastic that is Great idea very poorly executed, bottom half never fitted well but now will not stay on at all and small piece of plastic that is supposed to hold bottom piece on has broken due, I think, to the amount of times having to clip the bottom piece on.
Very poor design, style over function, would not have purchased if there had been any reviews like this.
Should not be for sale on the Apple Store, as the quality is so so poor.
My advice would be DO NOT PURCHASE , SAVE YOUR MONEY.
Disgruntled customer …
- Written by Michele H from Higher Heath
10 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
Can you see decals with this case on?
- Asked by Audrey R from Round Rock
Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colou Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colour. I chose the purple for my 13" Macbook Pro with RD which is actually a very pleasing glossy 'burgundy' colour. …
- Answered by Robert M from Dolls Point
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener
Does it fit the MacBook Pro without the retina display?
- Asked by Denise M from Bellaire
Yes, just be sure to select that specific model before purchase.
- Answered by Brandon S from Abbeville